Thunder’s Wordcast for the Impaired Podcaster - Episode #12

Thunder

Welcome to episode #12 of Thunder’s wordcast for the impaired podcaster.  If you’ve never had the pleasure of reading a wordcast, this is my version of a podcast because I still don’t have the stones to do a podcast.  Not that I haven’t tried, because I have.  In fact, I still have a work in progress on the anchor app and get reminded occasionally with a notification from anchor.

This episode will be another pot-pourri of topics, to include Pete Mitchell,  podcasters, early season discussion, and of course Brian Payne.  I’m not sure how long this episode will be but if it meets the two week content, then so be it!

Starting with HC Davos Pete Mitchell, @Crstats23, star left winger, expect him to lead the league in points by the end of the season.  He’s a rising star for Davos, but not by surprise.  When Alex drafted Pete Mitchell, Alex knew exactly what he was getting.  Mitchell started slow in the VHLM, but not unimpressive numbers.  Then his points skyrocketed the following season, before launching into the E and playing for a rebuilding Oslo Storm.  At Oslo, Mitchell put up some good numbers and showed off what he’s got to elevate him to the big leagues.  Now in his third season with Dynamo, Mitchell is taking on a leading role and is dominating on the attack.  He’s scoring over 17% in shots.  That is an astounding number.  What makes Mitchell so valuable is his balance of scoring goals and assists.  Currently averaging over 1 point per game, Mitchell is sure to have some break out games to bump up those numbers.  You’ve heard it here first, Pete Mitchell will be winning an award this season, and for those partaking in the VHFL, you’re going to kick yourself in the ass if you didn’t pick Pete Mitchell for your team.

Next topic will be podcasting.  I almost thought I could do it today, but just didn’t pull the trigger.  In the meantime I will continue to enjoy those who podcast on VHL.  I picked up a new podcaster to listen to this last week.  It was because I got a trivia question wrong and needed to do a review to complete my tpe earning for the week.  My normal podcasters had nothing new for me, so I picked the first one on the list, which happened to be, @UnknownMinion.  I was glad I listened to it because I learned some things from the content and look forward to future “mini podcasts” by unknownminion.  The funny thing about that podcast was unknownminion tried to keep it PG, but with such intensity and emotion, unknownminion managed to make it a PG-13.  Still don’t know if unknownminion was paid $5.00 for the ending.

Throughout the week I looked for new podcasts from my go-to podcasters for entertainment, but none were on, unfortunately.  Jardy’s hecking podcast, @JardyB10 produces some good ones and is usually entertaining as well, but he’s slacking and needs to step it up, especially with smart ass comments.  While in progress of writing this, low and behold, jardyb10 produced a podcast.  Kudos!

And then there is @Spartan who is another one who’s got some really good podcasts with his “spartcasts” but there hasn’t been a new one in a month.  He’s got quality shows and I’m always looking forward to a traffic incident by him.  Spartan seems to save up and produce podcasts full of detail and important topics.  He usually chooses his recording time on his way to work and that adds to the flavor.

I like mega bite sized podcasts by @Berocka, as they always seem to have some important information about the league and he adds some entertainment to the podcast.  And how can you go wrong when he has a guest appear, as in baby berocka.  I think the kid is 4 months old but is already learning calculus, definitely getting an education from big berocka.  Berocka also has a life outside VHL, so his podcasts are something I have to search for.

Ctalk with @ctots is another one that provides some good information as well as bringing home some personal stuff.  I think the last ctalk I listened to I learned that ctots had an interesting job in Colorado!  Although, ctots has cost me money because I actually tried out disc golf and jumped right in picking up a beginner set.  And of course, I couldn’t go to a free course to try it out so that added to the expense.  I suck more at disc golf than VHL.

One of my favorite so far has been Ahmacast with @Ahma and @FrostBeard.  They must have spent some time preparing for this podcast because it was well done and had a ton of relative information.  They fed off each other and didn’t hold back.  Their podcast was an hour long and I was sad to hear it end.  I gotta say, these two could be professionals.  Frostbeard could easily compete with Theo Vonn.  My only regret is they plan on doing only one per season.  Too bad they don’t have more time to put together frequent podcasts.

The latest one I listened to was by @Hogan, who dissected his own rap bars.  This one talked about a lot of things I know nothing about, but he’s now on my list to listen to.  Unless he gets banned!!

So, for all you podcasters I’ve tagged in this wordcast, I have to give you a shout out of appreciation because it gives me something to listen to on the road.  I’m not sure how you can say doing a podcast is easy but you all certainly make it look that way.  So thanks, and keep them coming.

The last topic as always, is Brian Payne.  Coming off the defender of the year for the season, I expected Payne to come out swinging, but it appears he wants to win the Lady Bing Trophy.  The awards Payne received were definitely deserved and I think most people expect him to continue to lead and dominate the league again.  Right now Warsaw is on fire winning games and Payne although contributing, is not at the level he expects of himself.  He leads his team in penalty minutes but is in the middle of the pack in other statistics.  The surprising thing about his success, or lack of success as he considers it, is that his attributes are really high and there is nothing that can explain why he hasn’t come out strong and dominate.  Payne is getting some good playing time and he’s helping his team win, whether he believes it or not.  He’s already been awarded one of the three stars multiple times in the first week of this season.

So that leads to the question, what is it Brian Payne?  What has got you so pent up like a dysfunctional teenager at a cheerleading camp?  Could it be that you’re drinking too many whiteclaws?  Are you spending too much time at Curves?  Are your spandex on too tight?  Or is it possible that you need to get in a fight to give you some confidence?  Just so you know, Thunder is ready and waiting.  Come on Payne, talk to your GM and match up on the line next time Warsaw plays Davos, so we can drop the gloves.  Thunder may even let you win, just so you stop whining.  Oh wait, it just donned on me… you’re distracted with the World Cup and your mind is not on hockey.  I should have picked up on that, since I know your love for soccer far outweighs anything else in your life.  Warsaw, be patient, when the World Cup is over, Brian Payne will be the defense stud you expect him to be.

And when you get back in town @Scurvy, you owe me lunch.  So hurry back, I’m hungry.

1319 words

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

One of my favorite so far has been Ahmacast with @Ahma and @FrostBeard.  They must have spent some time preparing for this podcast because it was well done and had a ton of relative information.  They fed off each other and didn’t hold back.  Their podcast was an hour long and I was sad to hear it end.  I gotta say, these two could be professionals.  Frostbeard could easily compete with Theo Vonn.  My only regret is they plan on doing only one per season.  Too bad they don’t have more time to put together frequent podcasts.

frosty is too good for me

thank you for the kind words :) 

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

I like mega bite sized podcasts by @Berocka, as they always seem to have some important information about the league and he adds some entertainment to the podcast.  And how can you go wrong when he has a guest appear, as in baby berocka.  I think the kid is 4 months old but is already learning calculus, definitely getting an education from big berocka.  Berocka also has a life outside VHL, so his podcasts are something I have to search for.

Big Berck and Baby Berck :D  :D  :D