Street Talk, Ep. 1

scoop

http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/35991128/file.html

I talk about the S39 GM of the Year award (and why I don't think Chris should have won it).

aka guy who never won a cup as GM discusses why the guy who won a cup shouldn't have been voted GMotY

Also, after editing 'uhhs' and 'umms' out of about two minutes of the podcast, I realized that anyone who listens is going to hear a lot of them in the final 43 minutes.

I did enjoy your talk and I must say this is a strange award since most of the work to win a Cup is done way before the actual cup. I guess, if my team would have reached the finals (at least) I could have had a shot at the award but since I've been eliminated early, my ''work'' wasn't rewarded. Which is okay.

Edited by boubabi

I don't see why you are not in a place to criticize.  

Fair points all-around really.  Boomgaarden pick didn't work out at all.  I needed a defender and he was easily the BPA at that position, but shit happened with him in life, and sadly he hasn't been able to be around.  Tyler has been semi-active and still looks like he will have a solid player but life has been busy for him and Kyle was away for a bit with computer issues.

Not my best draft to say the least (given my past success with many of them).  The Laich trade on the surface was good value but I didn't take advantage like I wanted to.

Stark trade was just a cap dump as you said and I thought it was fair value really.

Wahl trade was fair (although good value for Toronto) but I needed that second line upgrade and I do think it made a difference.

Overall, I definitely think you are right that the argument could be made.  In fact, I would say you made a pretty sound one.  I was telling Victor before the awards were announced that I didn't expect to win, so I was quite surprised to find that out.  I certainly think I earned the one in S38 more given that no one else really did much and I did make some moves (including a fairly ballsy one in net).

Solid podcast and I hope that my reputation with you as a GM gets better.

BTW, to keep Zadorov I would have had to hold off about 60 or so TPE and it was a miscalculation that led to him having to be moved as it was.  The market was good for Laich, I just didn't use my assets as best as possible.

Edited by Advantage

Agreed, if I had won GM of the year in S24 and S25 especially S25 after winning 2 cups in a row then S39 would have made more sense. But I also think cups should be heavily weighed. Also the moves that were made. 

Some consistency in the voting would have been nice.