ON TIME! ! ! S86 Calgary Wrangler Awards

Ricer13

Woohooooo! I am on time this season with our regular season Team Awards! We had another amazing regular season which came up short in the playoffs but we aren't here to talk about the playoffs, we are here to talk about the regular season. We had some amazing performances this season from our core players down to our prospect pool so let's shine a light on some of these great members.

:cal:Top Shelf Award:cal:

For the second straight season @Daniel Janser has led our team in goals scored. He tops his total from season 85 (51) where he led the entire VHL in goals scored. In season 86 he scored 54 goals which put him into a 3 way tie for the goal scoring lead in the VHL earning him his second consecutive Kevin Brooks Trophy. It was a high scoring league in season 86 and Janser did not back down from the challenge. Congratulations on winning the Season 86 Top Shelf Award.

:cal:Rybak Trophy:cal:

Another repeat winner for our Rybak Trophy which is given to the player who leads the team in points during the regular season. @Daniel Janser had 120 points which is 12 points better than his season 85 total. He led the league AGAIN in points but he earns this award on his own. He takes home his second Mike Szatkowski Trophy as the leagues leading scorer. He also had the highest margin of points between himself as the leading scorer and the next high scorest on his own team out of every team in the league. That sentence was a mouthful hahaha. I am happy to see Janser have this kind of success throughout his career. Congratulations on winning your second straight Rybak Trophy.

:cal:Last Line Award:cal:

ANOTHER REPEAT WINNER ALERT!!!! Wow we have such a strong core of players in this organization. AirRig GoodBrandSun won the Last Line Award as the teams top defensemen last season and he will earn his second straight Last Line Award this season. He led this team from the back end and doing so with an even more impressive season than his last. He had more assists, more points, better +/-, more shots (but less goals RIP), way less PIMS and more blocked shots. He was a beast all over the ice and set a good example for some of our younger up and coming defenders. Congratulations @Rhynex Entertainment on winning the Last Line Award.

:cal:Jubis Memorial Trophy:cal:

This award is given to the member who demonstrates the potential for long term success in this league. The winner of this seasons trophy has been steadily becoming more involved with the league. He wasn't the most chatty in the Wrangler's locker room but that is because he now has a longer room of his own to manage. It is great to see new members get more involved in the VHL and for that reason I would like to congratulate Bob Vladovechsenkchuskin @Grape on winning the Jubis Memorial Trophy.

:cal:The Sheriff's Badge:cal:

Well this has to be the hardest trophy to give out with the kind of locker room we have. Our Captains all did an amazing job leading this team last season but their were also some players not apart of that group who did a fantastic job leading this team without a letter on their jersey. The winner of this seasons Sheriff's Badge is up and coming defensemen Phil Strasmore @Phil. It has been only a few short seasons that Strasmore has been apart of the group in Calgary and he is already amongst a locker room favorite. Always positive, no matter the outcome but isn't one to back down from some friendly bantering amongst his teammates. Congratulations Strasmore!

:cal:Young Buck Award:cal:

Prospects need some love too, right? Of course they do! They deserve to be rewarded for their hard work as they look to climb the ranks as a young player. This player did such an amazing job last season that we yanked his ass up from the minor league as soon as we got a chance. His training continued to improve every single week and we definitely took notice. I am very excited to see where his career goes with Calgary now that he is up with the big club. Congratulations Vincent Laroche-Gagnier @vincentlg2007 on winning the Season 86 Young Buck Award.

:cal:Most Valuable Wrangler:cal:

I feel like I can define this award in any way that I choose. Most Valuable could be who carried the load to help push your team into the playoffs, it could be a leading scorer or someone who made the biggest sacrifice for the team. I am going with the latter this season. This player is the ultimate team player and with the sacrifices he has made playing in the shadows of some of our stars has gone a long way to help this team be as competitive as it is. He could bitch and whine about the minutes he is getting or be jealous and spiteful about seeing his teammates find success and win awards but he doesn't. He has played his role and has done so willingly to help put this team in the best position possible. I want to thank this member for those sacrifices and congratulate him on winning the S86 Most Valuable Wrangler Award. 

Spoiler

Leandro Goncalves@leandrofg

Another season of awards in the bank, congratulations to everyone! I am excited to see what this team can put together for season 87. Go Wrangler's Go!

43 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

yanked his ass up from the minor league as soon as we got a chance.

Really unbelievable to say that this happened like a month ago and my TPE has doubled since then 😳

Happy to have been drafted by the Wranglers and even more excited to start wearing the horse ( idk what’s his name sorry 😭) next season 🔥🔥🔥

I’d also like to congratulate every current wranglers prospect, all of you guys had nice season and y’all deserved this award as much as I did 

Congrats to every award recipient so deserved everyone single one of you guys awards or not are important pillars to the towers that’s Calgary. And to everyone who didn’t get an award, remember that awards are nice but the number of them are limited, the fact you don’t receive one doesn’t mean you aren’t important or that you didn’t do well, a lot of great players and human beings have never won awards !

Edited by vincentlg2007

1 hour ago, vincentlg2007 said:

Happy to have been drafted by the Wranglers and even more excited to start wearing the horse ( idk what’s his name sorry 😭) next season 🔥🔥🔥

I am leaning out of the window an say that the horse is called Thirty-Thirty (80s kids will understand)

1600x1236_15295_Bravestarr_Thirty_Thirty_2d_fan_art_retro_futurism_sci ...