The LA Stars and their NHL Counterparts

KRZY

Well it’s that time in the season again where I look at whatever team Todd Cooke is on and compare every player and the GM to their NHL Counterparts. This season like the past 2 I’ll compare the LA Stars to theirs .

let’s get started with LA’s forwards

Nezuko LW ( @Baozi ) Johnny Gaudreau 

While Gaudreau had a down year by his standards in his first year with Columbus I do see a lot of similarities between these 2 players in size , production and the way they both play and think the game . Nezuko is a offensive player that produces and makes something from nothing . Similarly to Johnny hockey this season is a fresh start aswell for nezuko coming to LA in one of their huge off season moves . It has truly been exciting to see how he’s fit into the fold with the Stars so far this season.

Sirdsvaldis  Miglaskems C ( @FrostBeard ) Leon Draisatl 

The team captain returns to LA this Seson after winning both the Scotty Campbell Trophy and the Kevin Brooks. Sirdsvaldis has done everything and more for the Stars in his 4 seasons in LA . He’s looking to guide them to a Continental Cup aswell . The Big Centre has been the motor and heartbeat of the Stars for as long as he’s been here and will continue to be that the rest of this season.

Todd Cooke C Tage Thompson 

Cooke has flown under the radar and gone relatively unnoticed early in his VHL career like Thompson in the early days of his NHL career . Cooke is looking to BREAK out this season as a premier Centre in the VHL . Always in the play and a guy that never ever gives up Cooke is someone you would rather play with then against. This kids just getting started there’s tons more to come !

Sunglasses Joyo C ( @JetsGoalie101 ) Tomas Hertl 

Joyo loves to have fun , heck the guy wears Sunglasses on the ice while he’s playing hockey , his game reminds me of Hertls who is another guy that loves to have fun on the ice and in the locker room . Joyo is young and has a ton of potential I’m excited for him to find and reach that potential!

Jack Hextall C ( @Jack Feriancek ) Adam Henrique

Jack is another veteran Forward LA acquired this off-season, he’s an energy guy that can play up and down in your line up just like Henrique can . Hextall can thrive in most positions and Carry’s himself with high professionalism and character and plays the game the right way.

Robert Wilk RW ( @Tomat0 ) Anthony Mantha

Wilk is the last new addition to the Stars Forward group . He’s a big gritty winger that can contribute on the scoresheet aswell as go to the dirty areas on the ice to make plays for his team . Wilk has been a very welcomed addition to LA and adds to their impressive depth !

Next we’ll take a look at the Stars outstanding defence core .

Callum Murray ( @Berocka ) Victor Hedman 

I believe I compared Murray to Hedman last season as well but honestly it hard not to , they’re both huge shutdown defenders that contribute in so many ways to their teams . Murray was arguably the Stars unsung hero last season , he was also nominated for many top defenceman awards specifically top defensive defenceman and top overall defenceman. I think that speaks for itself when talking about special players and things they can achieve . I truthfully believe that Murray will win multiple top defenceman awards throughout his career .

Scoish Velociraptor Maliosh ( @youloser1337 ) Quinn Hughes

Maliosh has been a machine for the Stars this season , he’s given his all every single night trying to establish himself as a top defenceman in the VHL . If he keeps up the great work this season I truly think he’ll be in that conversation by the end of the season . Also on another note he recently blocked his 1000th career shot proving and reinforcing how valuable he truly is to his team.

Dabnad Shaw ( @Dabnad ) Mattias Ekholm

Shaw was LA’s HUGE ad on the back end this off season and like Ekholm has for the oilers since the trade deadline , Shaw has provided good solid defence and been a revalation on the back end for a team that lacked defensive help last season . Shaw has been everything you could ask for from a shutdown defender in this league . Allowing Murray and Maliosh d to contribute offensively and in the transition game aswell .

Last but not least the Goaltender 

Art Vandelay ( @Gustav  ) Igor Shesterkin

the other MVP candidate nominated from the stars last season . Art is quickly establishing himself as an elite tendy in the VHL . Nominated for many rewards last season . I truly believe Vandelay is the Stars X factor and a huge reason they will eventually win a continental cup in the coming seasons if not this season !

GM

@InstantRockstar Zack Gagnon

Ken Holland

Gagnon rebuilt this team and has turned them into a contender whether it’s making huge trades for impact additions , or signing big names to play in LA . One of his most impressive points to his resume is the way he develops prospects and constantly drafts active members and good players consistently. Letting the develop until they are ready for the VHL

There you have it folks let me know what you thought of these comparisons!

Edited by KRZY