Around the League

Scurvy

Well….my player is officially watching the S88 playoffs from home (which sucks) but I need the TPE so this week I thought I’d talk about some random VHL stuff,  make some predictions for the playoffs, a look in a Rip Wheeler’s progress, and maybe talk about my next re-create in two seasons.

PLAYOFFS:

The wildcard is in full swing and I just was alerted on my phone that Vancouver just beat a tough Los Angeles Stars club.  Credit goes to @Frank for some trade deadline moves to make Vancouver once again a powerful club come playoffs.  The NA conference is tough as hell this year with Seattle probably being the favorite based on regular season but you can never count out Calgary and Chicago (my pick).

In the EU, London knocked off an up-and-coming Riga club 3 games to 1.  London is stacked on defense with some veteran talent. The EU is a mess as usual with so many great teams moving up and down the standings weekly.  Davos was sinking near the bottom half and came alive to end up in 2nd.  Prague (my pick last year) is a truly gifted club that can score massive amounts of goals and stop them as well.  Moscow is the team that NEVER misses the playoffs it seems.  Even though I am watching from the sidelines I am excited to see who wins the division.  

RIP WHEELER UPDATE

Now its hard to recruit people to the VHL SIM league.  It takes the right type of personality and for someone to be successful In a SIM League.  I recognize that some people just aren’t committed enough to put an hour or two a week into writing something to get some points.  But when I recruited @ScottyP I knew (hoped) he was the right fit.  I mean I was right about Jake Thunder @Thunderwho now is the best defenseman In the game. 

Now here is where I talk shit to motivate ole RIP.  You see I know ScottyPs real life.  It is filled with free time, too much bourbon, and free time.  I just looked at his updates and while not bad, I am not seeing max earning.  Easy tasks such as press conference and VHL.COM are missed, and even when he doesn’t complete these tasks he forgets to click welfare.  Now, I know Rip is saddened to see his player not putting up expected numbers and some dwindling ice time on a pretty full roster but that’s even more incentive to earn to get on to Riga.  Best of luck Rip and I will be talking to you tmrw at work.

NEXT RE-CREATE

Now, Brian Payne has two more seasons to go before retirement.  I learned a lot on my first player like when to start banking (leaned the hard way), where to put points, and how to keep earning so my player stays good for the club.  

When I came into the VHL(S82) there were some veteran players I really like checking in on.   Druss Deathwalker @animal74, Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath , and Tui Sova @v.2 were the three I consistently looked at their box scores.  Druss cuz he was an absolute killer with a great name, Idaho because he was tough and scored in bunches, and Tui because he was a the top of the defenseman game and at heart I am always a defenseman. 

I am now torn between attempting my next build in one of these three’s path.  I am partial to always playing defense because that’s the position I enjoy most.  But, I might mix it up.  Either way I am going to max earn again on my next build and hope that he will be half as good as these three.  

622 words

Scurvy, do you really think you can kick @ScottyP in the ass to get him to step up his TPE earning?  I mean, think about it…. He goes home from work, gets drunk and gets on NHL23 to say, “I do what I do.”  Plays hockey like a little kid, bumble bee hockey.  And all those diving penalties, come on Scotty p.  Get your shit together.  Its not like you do anything at work.  Type some shit up there and people will think you are working hard!!  Hurry up and get into the big league before Payne retires.  Geez…