S88 VHLM Playoffs Round One Review

Will3

The first round of the S88 VHLM playoffs went by quickly. Basically everything I predicted came true. All of the contenders quickly swept away their opponents with only one team proving to be a brief challenge. We will review all of the action and highlighting the top performers of both teams. Its is time to paint a playoff picture. 

Mississauga Hounds vrs Miami Marauders

This series went exactly as expected. Miami didn't have enough players and it resulted in a sweep. But Miami didn't go down with out a fight, taking Game 2 into overtime and faling in the next one by only a goal. Leading the way for Miami was left winger Sergei Romanov @WithARevelYell with 3 goals and 1 assist. Also playing a strong supporting role was center Nick Sansoe @Tipskid97. His 4 assist tied him with Romanov in points. Of course  Mississauga was simply overwhelming especially with the brutal 7 - 1 mauling in Game 4. Leading the slaughter was right winger Mclean Hoover II @McLean Hoover. He has been a equal opportunity point producer with 4 goals and assist so far. Supporting this scoring has been defender YaBoi Oven @Doomsday. His 7 assist and lone goal has him tied with Hoover II in points. Mississauga will play Philadelphia in round 2.

Philadelphia Reapers vrs Halifax 21st

This series is the one that dared to be different. Halifax would get a 3 - 0 win in game one. This would be the exception rather that the rule as Philadelphia would perform the gentleman sweep with a close win in Game 3 and a overtime win in Game 4.  For the 21st, the leading point producer was center Tullemore Dew @Spade18. He went a point per game with 3 goals and two assist. Right behind Dew on points was defender Harjen Van Araken @VaderTheTater. He has produced a goal and 3 assists for 4 points. Leading the way for the rising Reapers was center Anthony Simmons @Starchychaff. His 2 goals and 4 assist lead all Reapers in points. Behind Simmons is six players all at 4 points everyone of which have been impressive so far. Philadelphia will challenge Mississauga in the second round.

Mexico City Kings vrs Las Vegas Aces

The series was rigged from the start for the Aces. They were clearly overwhelmed. They would force Game 3 into overtime but they just  couldn't win that one. Leading  the scoring for the Aces was d defender Juan Ceson @dylanjj37 and center Ronald Johnson MacWallace III @RJMW. Both of the players produced the same stateline of 2 goals and an assist. Right winger Jeremia Barbaslov @Je Barbaslov set the table for the Aces with 3 assist. The Kings ruled this series which included a 9 - 0 conquest in Game 2. Leading the way for the Kings is unsurprisingly left winger Justin Williams @JCV. His 6 goals and 4 assist have him amoung the best in the VHLM. Right winger Carson Walker Jr @Cwalker is  right behind Williams with 4 goals and assist so far. Mexico City will scuffle with San Diego in Round 2.

San Diego Marlins vrs Houston Bulls

This sweep actually surprised me. I had expected Houston to challenge San Diego a bit more. The Bulls would force a triple overtime game that they lost. And while there was no stand out blowout, surf sweeps turf. Leading the heard for the Bulls was defender Tobias Weiss @jfaly. His 2 goals and 4 assist brand him as the best Bull. Fellow D man Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska @diamond_ace followed right behind, going a point a game with 2 goals and assist.  The depth of the Marlins was too much for the Bulls and that shows in the leading scorer. Right winger Baby Moo Moo @Elvis has stepped up producing 4 goals and 3 assist. Behind Moo Moo are Marlins captin center Sjin @Mint and Defender Marty Byrd @Marty B with 6 points each. The Marlins are locked in combat against the Kings for the second round.

And that is my review of round one of S88 VHLM playoffs. No matter if you have won or not, give yourself a pat on the back. I will do a quick preview and prediction of the second round as a supplemental article to be produced later today. That is all I have to say. Good luck everyone.