Pope Francis and a Very Confused Draft

nurx

Going into the draft last night I was expecting to be the 3rd or 4th OA pick. That did not happen. I was expecting to be the 1st or 2nd defenseman picked. That did not happen. What did happen?

For some reason, a bunch of GMs looked at Pope Francis and decided collectively "Not worth it". Why? I don't know I do know, however, that I was a bit disappointed after I dropped so far. I was selected by LA with the 8th overall selection and @InstantRockstar basically told me "I don't know why you were available." I think LA got a huge steal and I am pretty excited to be on a team that likely is competitive for a while. However, I do want to throw out some of the reasons I think so many GMs may have passed on Pope Francis.

• Not a very round build

I disagree with this VHLM builds are always a bit whacky and I have begun to round out the player a bit more.

• Possibly leaving league

This is just not true. I currently spend 1 day a week with access to a computer which basically means that I can't be a GM anymore. I have plenty of time in the latter parts of the day which if you look at when I post and earn that is when I am doing that the most. 

• Inconsistent earning

I think this is the most likely. I have been really inconsistent with how much I earn the last month or so. This is because of how much I have been time-crunched, but I won't earn less than 8 a week as long as a presser exists.

• Scouted Me

This is only for 4 teams who scouted me and had the chance to draft me. Those teams knew that if they drafted me I wouldn't want to play there. I think without that warning I end up in Toronto or Calgary.

words >320

1 hour ago, nurx said:

I don't think it's very funny

Listen man, I like you as a person and I'd have drafted you at like 12 (even after reaching out to scout you) if you were still there, just for the potential if you do stick around.

But there's no world where you post some obscure status message saying "don't scout me" after stepping down from the M, then decline to talk to GMs unless they're willing to risk you walking after your ELC, and also offer no easily accessible, public information on your player's future earning/build plan and then expect NOT to fall. Maybe the GMs who didn't reach out to anyone would be fine with it, but obviously not the teams who picked in the top 6/7 who did scout around.