S89 1/3 mark VHLE power rankings

KRZY

Well I figure today is as good a time as any to try my hand at power rankings for the VHLE . I’ve only really ever done this once or twice so hopefully I can write something that makes sense . If you don’t agree with my rankings I’d love to hear your opinions and where you disagree! 

The top end of these rankings were extremely close with multiple teams having exceptional talent and rosters as well as good records and team statistics backing them up. Now without further ado let’s get into it

1. Cologne Express

The Perennial Top team in the VHLE the Express have a new guy at the helm steering the ship this season . @Sjin has picked up right where @leandrofg  left off this season . He has assembled a deeply talented roster with no real holes or weaknesses , 6 players on this team are ranked in the top 10 in scoring this team is built to win . Currently sitting 1st place in the VHLE , as well as 1st in Goals For and 3rd in Goals Against . Sjin has put this team in a position to compete for a championship once again. 

2. Geneva Rush

The Rush have come outta nowhere this season . They’ve used the win by committee approach to guide them to success this season . While they may be ranked 2nd in goals for they have more of a balanced approach to scoring and work as a team to win games . Geneva is also no slouch defensively this season tied with the Express for 3rd in goals against . @Zetterberg has done a great job building a balanced team . Honestly I could see this team competing for the top spot in the VHLE and maybe even a championship.

3. Oslo Storm

I know I’ll probably get some flak here for putting Oslo here , But I believe this is where they deserve to be . Why you may ask ? Well honestly I think Oslo has been the best defensive team in the VHLE this season with only 52 Goals against which leads the league in that department. They also have the best Goaltending tandem in the league as well . The only Reason Oslo is ranked third is because Cologne and Geneva narrowly have beat them out offensively so far this season . @JB123 has impressively avoiding a rebuild with this team since S89 always managing to field strong teams and this years version of Oslo could very well be one of the best teams he’s ever put together. You can bet that the Storm will be in the hunt for their fourth renaissance cup in the last 5 seasons come playoff time !

4. Istanbul Red Wolves

The Red Wolves are another Offensive powerhouse in the league boasting 3 maxed or near maxed TPA FWDS in their lineup and the Second most goals for in the league . The Red Wolves definitely won’t be pushed around and shouldn’t be taken lightly . The Red Wolves defence and Goaltending in my opinion isn’t quite as strong as the other 3 teams before them . @Masu Chan has done a Fantastic job this season setting the Red Wolves up to compete for the Cup this season.

5. Rome Gladiators 

Coming in at the 5th spot is Rome . Rome is The last team that I can see making the playoffs ( on a wildcard spot that is ) but a playoff spot non the less . They have a lot of good pieces . I just don’t think they’ll be able to sustain a spot in the top 4 in the VHLE this season @Baby Boomer has made me eat my words before and I know he could very well do it again . Right now I see them coming in as a wildcard team but like I said Boomer could very well turn this team around with just one move . He’s a good experienced GM and never stops trying to improve his team . Watch out for those pesky Gladiators.

6. Bratislava Watchmen

When this season started I fully expected the Watchmen to be to last placed team in the league . But @rory has done a nice job building a team that’s hanging around . With the right moves they could really push for a wildcard spot to make the playoffs . This is a far better team then I expected them to be at the beginning of the season hats off to Rory for turning it around like he did !

7. Vasteras Iron Eagles

I totally thought the Iron Eagles would have more success then this , this season . They just can’t seem to put it all together . They have a decent forward group that I thought would help make them more competitive then they are . Their defence is not playing at the level I think they are capable of . And having 2 goalies just over the 200 TPE cut hasnt made things easy on them either with the goalies getting used to playing in the E. @Gaming Ringleader will probably enter the next couple weeks as a seller , it will be interesting to see what he does leading up to the trade deadline .

8. Stockholm Vikings

What’s happening in Stockholm ? -98 goal differential wow ! At first glance I was shocked that this team was where they were to n the standings but much like Vasteras their D core just isn’t where it needs to be , and then not having an actual goalie is killing then right now . @twists will definitely have his work cut out for him if he wishes to try and turn things around this season . Or is it just to far gone at this point ? Rebuild incoming ?

There you have it folks there’s the power rankings at the 1/3 mark of the season . I do really think that any one of the top 6 teams in the VHLE this season could go on a run and win the cup . This season is one of the most competitive ones I’ve seen as an AGM in the VHLE and I can’t wait to see how things play out and who makes moves to really go all out for a run . And who makes moves to accelerate their rebuilds and set up for future seasons . Like I said in the opening let me hear your opinions I don’t do power rankings much and I’d love to hear how you feel I did !

1059 words 

Claiming for 07/02/2023 and 07/09/2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, KRZY said:

Well I figure today is as good a time as any to try my hand at power rankings for the VHLE . I’ve only really ever done this once or twice so hopefully I can write something that makes sense . If you don’t agree with my rankings I’d love to hear your opinions and where you disagree! 

The top end of these rankings were extremely close with multiple teams having exceptional talent and rosters as well as good records and team statistics backing them up. Now without further ado let’s get into it

1. Cologne Express

The Perennial Top team in the VHLE the Express have a new guy at the helm steering the ship this season . @Sjin has picked up right where @leandrofg  left off this season . He has assembled a deeply talented roster with no real holes or weaknesses , 6 players on this team are ranked in the top 10 in scoring this team is built to win . Currently sitting 1st place in the VHLE , as well as 1st in Goals For and 3rd in Goals Against . Sjin has put this team in a position to compete for a championship once again. 

2. Geneva Rush

The Rush have come outta nowhere this season . They’ve used the win by committee approach to guide them to success this season . While they may be ranked 2nd in goals for they have more of a balanced approach to scoring and work as a team to win games . Geneva is also no slouch defensively this season tied with the Express for 3rd in goals against . @Zetterberg has done a great job building a balanced team . Honestly I could see this team competing for the top spot in the VHLE and maybe even a championship.

3. Oslo Storm

I know I’ll probably get some flak here for putting Oslo here , But I believe this is where they deserve to be . Why you may ask ? Well honestly I think Oslo has been the best defensive team in the VHLE this season with only 52 Goals against which leads the league in that department. They also have the best Goaltending tandem in the league as well . The only Reason Oslo is ranked third is because Cologne and Geneva narrowly have beat them out offensively so far this season . @JB123 has impressively avoiding a rebuild with this team since S89 always managing to field strong teams and this years version of Oslo could very well be one of the best teams he’s ever put together. You can bet that the Storm will be in the hunt for their fourth renaissance cup in the last 5 seasons come playoff time !

4. Istanbul Red Wolves

The Red Wolves are another Offensive powerhouse in the league boasting 3 maxed or near maxed TPA FWDS in their lineup and the Second most goals for in the league . The Red Wolves definitely won’t be pushed around and shouldn’t be taken lightly . The Red Wolves defence and Goaltending in my opinion isn’t quite as strong as the other 3 teams before them . @Masu Chan has done a Fantastic job this season setting the Red Wolves up to compete for the Cup this season.

5. Rome Gladiators 

Coming in at the 5th spot is Rome . Rome is The last team that I can see making the playoffs ( on a wildcard spot that is ) but a playoff spot non the less . They have a lot of good pieces . I just don’t think they’ll be able to sustain a spot in the top 4 in the VHLE this season @Baby Boomer has made me eat my words before and I know he could very well do it again . Right now I see them coming in as a wildcard team but like I said Boomer could very well turn this team around with just one move . He’s a good experienced GM and never stops trying to improve his team . Watch out for those pesky Gladiators.

6. Bratislava Watchmen

When this season started I fully expected the Watchmen to be to last placed team in the league . But @rory has done a nice job building a team that’s hanging around . With the right moves they could really push for a wildcard spot to make the playoffs . This is a far better team then I expected them to be at the beginning of the season hats off to Rory for turning it around like he did !

7. Vasteras Iron Eagles

I totally thought the Iron Eagles would have more success then this , this season . They just can’t seem to put it all together . They have a decent forward group that I thought would help make them more competitive then they are . Their defence is not playing at the level I think they are capable of . And having 2 goalies just over the 200 TPE cut hasnt made things easy on them either with the goalies getting used to playing in the E. @Gaming Ringleader will probably enter the next couple weeks as a seller , it will be interesting to see what he does leading up to the trade deadline .

8. Stockholm Vikings

What’s happening in Stockholm ? -98 goal differential wow ! At first glance I was shocked that this team was where they were to n the standings but much like Vasteras their D core just isn’t where it needs to be , and then not having an actual goalie is killing then right now . @twists will definitely have his work cut out for him if he wishes to try and turn things around this season . Or is it just to far gone at this point ? Rebuild incoming ?

There you have it folks there’s the power rankings at the 1/3 mark of the season . I do really think that any one of the top 6 teams in the VHLE this season could go on a run and win the cup . This season is one of the most competitive ones I’ve seen as an AGM in the VHLE and I can’t wait to see how things play out and who makes moves to really go all out for a run . And who makes moves to accelerate their rebuilds and set up for future seasons . Like I said in the opening let me hear your opinions I don’t do power rankings much and I’d love to hear how you feel I did !

1059 words 

Claiming for 07/02/2023 and 07/09/2023

2nd claim