Commissioner for a day

Bojovnik

Another theme week, and another theme that I’ve never once considered. I’m not to be a leader or an organizer. That’s why I’d never consider GMing a VHL team, let alone getting to the stage where I could be a commissioner. That being said, given that it is theme week, it’s time to go and rack my brain and come up with something that will pass to get me an extra six TPE (that’s going to get me my 1 DF upload).

Abolish the VHLE

I guess I’m writing this just because I’ve seen everyone else write it. That’s the only decent input I could have on this topic.

Ban Spartan

Isn’t it the case that we should only be signing GMs who we think have a chance of making their team competitive? And what point is there in having a GM who is allergic to winning championships. It makes no-one want to play on Moscow, given that they know that if they sign with Moscow, they are effectively retiring from winning championships. This is something that the league should consider now, tbh.

Delete STHS

There’s literally no alternative, but something must be done about STHS. It’s just pure pain. I think we should create all the teams in NHL 04 and run live video sims. That won’t take a lot of time at all.

Remove the ridiculous depreciation for elite players

Is it really going to be the case that I’m going to lose around 40% of my earned TPE to depreciation? That’s the case if I make it to 2,000 TPE but my player will peak at around 1,250. All in all, that makes it a significant challenge. Let’s be fair, I’ve spent four seasons as Boga now being a complete mid player, despite being a super max earner. Essentially by the time that I’m actually going to be any good, I’m going to be retiring. What is the point, essentially, of earning. I should just be a clicker

Give more funding to VSN

Make VSN job pay better so that we have more good written content being published consistently. At the stage we have a season preview and a mock draft. What else is being done? I guess the TPE pay isn’t worth it. Give people bonus TPE for producing better, more interesting content? My terrible vhl.coms don’t compare.

Raise the salary cap

Let me get paid more so that I can buy more than 2 4x5 TPE’s during the course of my career. I want to be getting paid $10 million per season so that I can afford all of the Jaromir Jagrs and Old But Not Forgotten’s that I want. It will be a travesty if Spartan gets the overall TPE record, and only Boga has the power to stop Spartan. Hlozek’s terrible performances for the Moscow Menace in the playoffs stopped Spartan from winning the Conti Cup as GM during my time there, and now I can also win this battle on another front.

That’s about it.

6 hours ago, Bojovnik said:

Remove the ridiculous depreciation for elite players

Is it really going to be the case that I’m going to lose around 40% of my earned TPE to depreciation? That’s the case if I make it to 2,000 TPE but my player will peak at around 1,250. All in all, that makes it a significant challenge. Let’s be fair, I’ve spent four seasons as Boga now being a complete mid player, despite being a super max earner. Essentially by the time that I’m actually going to be any good, I’m going to be retiring. What is the point, essentially, of earning. I should just be a clicker

+1 on this one.

I'm giving up on donations at this point, so i'll be even more mid soon. 

10 hours ago, Bojovnik said:

Delete STHS

There’s literally no alternative, but something must be done about STHS. It’s just pure pain. I think we should create all the teams in NHL 04 and run live video sims. That won’t take a lot of time at all.

I am in talks with someone about possibly building an alternative to STHS