[90] Seattle Bears Jersey Retirement

Banackock

:sea: Seattle Bears Jersey Retirement :sea:

image.png.d567c9bfb22ac300f0ce282ed32d54d4.png

Hello,

I hope you are all doing amazing. It's been awhile since I've done one of these so bear with me. Throughout the entirety of the Seattle Bears history, there has been some legendary players. Throughout my 41, heading into 42 seasons with the Seattle Bears family and organization, I have some some legendary players pass through the locker rooms and called Seattle their home. Certain players leave a special mark and forever become a part of Seattle history and memory. This off-season, I'm very excited to add a couple more names to this. Please take this time on congratulating the following members with me :) 

image.png.326c6fc757ee0ccc5fa4a04745828f22.png

(S81) Hulk Hogan 2

After being selected 10th overall in the M drafted and 1st overall in the E draft, Hogan was eventually selected 6th overall by the Seattle Bears in the S81 VHL Entry Draft. We didn't know it then, but Hulk Hogan 2 would one day become @Hogan's second career long player with the Bears. It would also mark the second player Hogan has found strong success with in a Bears uniform and once again a Bears team that he has lifted the Continental Cup with, having won one with the Seattle Bears team in S83. Hogan has been a huge part of Seattle since he got there and I always think he will be a big part of the team in some ways. Hulk Hogan 2 is an echo from his first player on why he is one of the biggest Seattle legends of all-time!

image.png.7022615d0bdebb40857e7012430c281c.png

(S61) Matt Thompson

They've been asking almost as long as I've been a GM. I can actually still hear it despite writing this now. "When are you going to finally do it?", @Beketov would ask almost any time it was brought up. It was always a tease. For some reason I couldn't get over the fact that it was only 360 games played in a Bears jersey, 5 seasons and then leaving in Free Agency. Did the leaving sour the taste in fans memories? Managements dreams nightmares when they look back on it? The highs were high. Thompson was one of the most explosive players I've ever GM'd in my time. They're also one of the most legendary members of all-time. I have a small project on the go for Seattle right now (it's bigger than small).. and it opened my eyes that not only is Thompson 5th for goals scored all time in much less games played than 1-4... but he's also 2nd all-time for shots and is 2nd all-time for most hat tricks (S62). 

Congrats to both of you.. You both have a lot of history with Seattle and this is very deserving. Thank you for your efforts during these players! :cheers:

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

not only is Thompson 5th for goals scored all time in much less games played than 1-4... but he's also 2nd all-time for shots and is 2nd all-time for most hat tricks (S62). 

It's almost like I've been trying to tell you how good he was for the last 3 years haha.

Nice to finally get the #11 hanging, my second retired number as a bear. Should have been up before Sundqvist took it :P