Helsinki Titans Press Conference

FTK

1. How do you feel about the selections Helsinki made in the VHL entry draft this season?

2. With the offseason full go, do you think Helsinki should remain active in the trade market?

3. What are your plans during the offseason?

4. Do you feel like your player has improved this offseason enough to make a difference for their team?

5. Whats your least favorite thing about the offseason?

6. Finally, do you believe Helsinki has made enough moves this offseason to become a competitive team? 

47 minutes ago, FTK said:

1. How do you feel about the selections Helsinki made in the VHL entry draft this season?

2. With the offseason full go, do you think Helsinki should remain active in the trade market?

4. Do you feel like your player has improved this offseason enough to make a difference for their team?

6. Finally, do you believe Helsinki has made enough moves this offseason to become a competitive team? 

A London Presser hasn't been posted yet so I am jumping in here!

1.  I think Helsinki made some great selections!  Can't go wrong with Oven who is already VHL ready and Banner, Crosby and Sleeves are all going to easily make their way to the big leagues.  Might have too many good prospects already!

2.  I think Helsinki is already looking good.  Depending on future considerations, the only other piece that might be needed is a star D-man but likely won't be able to snag one with $3.25m cap unless a current D is included in the trade.

3.  Continue to earn!  I've just hit the 1000 TPE mark and I need to start planning a final build so I have been looking into that.

4.  I think my player will make a nice jump this season!  Hopefully a point per game next season but it would be nice to really hit it big!  Time will tell.

5.  Least favorite thing I guess would be that I wouldn't mind it being a bit longer actually.  I like getting in that TPE between seasons to have a more significant jump in production the next season.

6.  Helsinki is looking amazing!  From a basement team to one that I suspect will make a playoff appearance even with a strong European conference.  Will be exciting to watch!

2 hours ago, FTK said:

1. I'm here as a result of it, so great! But in seriousness, it was a fantastic draft that not only brought in some players with great potential, but great personalities as well. This is a team that is going to have a lot of fun together. 

2. I imagine that Sam is still looking for a fourth defenseman, so stay tuned!

3. Keep working hard! If Helsinki needs me this season, I'm going to be ready!

4. Oven should be a VHL-ready defender, but points likely won't come in droves just yet. Soon, though!

5. The last week of it, because everything is done and everyone is ready to get the new season started!

6. I do, and there's still more talent on the way in my opinion. This is a team that will make noise this season!

Edited by Doomsday

On 8/16/2023 at 3:50 PM, FTK said:

1. Terrible. Especially that Sleeves guy 

2. Yeah always trading always getting better 

3. Drink and eat, it’s summer bod time 

4. Nah not much, who knows if I’ll ever make the VHL

5. How long it is. Snooze

6. Yeah Helsinki looking good, probably gonna win the cup without me 

1. I know the team was pretty busy at the draft so it's exciting to see the new era of the Titans being established!

2. I think the team has been very busy. You probably shouldn't be trading much more with the acquisitions so far and see how things go before trying to get more talent.

3. Taking a breather and focusing on how to arrive in Helsinki a completely different player than when I left. 

4. Absolutely. Lloyd has been hard at work and looks forward to playing in Europe this season. 

5. The length of time it takes. It's nice to get a break once in awhile but sometimes it feels like too long of a wait. 

6. Yes. It'll at least be an improvement over last season for the team but I strongly feel that we will be able to make the post-season.

The picks were extremely *chef's kiss*.  I think GM Sam did a great job.

I think the biggest decision would be to either shop for a D man or to bring up Oven.

Resting mentally and physically to prepare for another long season.

As of writing this I have 62 TPE banked currently, I am waiting until just before the season starts to spend all my unspent.  I think there will be some definite gains with this. 

I honestly just enjoy a bit of a break, I tend to take a step back from the league a bit to recharge.

I think we are definitely going to make playoffs this season.

1 - Helsinki hit the draft out of the park and set the team up great for seasons to come

2 - probably just another D man; Oven looks like he may have to make the jump to the pros which is also good to have another active on the team

3 - working on my skating, puck handling and defense while still maintaining my work on my offensive game

4 - yes i definitely think my game will help Stockholm win more than 3 games in this upcoming season and hopefully make a run at the playoffs as well

5 - just the wait and missing boxscores without my player in it

6 - the future is bright for the team and starting with this season and beyond, Helsinki will definitely be competitive and a team to look out for in a couple of seasons

I love the picks, like really do !! 

I think a good roster was put together. 

RASK TO 1000TPA

I hope so. 🙏  he needs to 

This one was long because our season was over 20 games in :(😞 

Yes!  Playoffs bound 👶