Edmonton Oilers are ready for 2023-2024 season

sportexperts show

Here we go, another good old season of hockey is coming up! You already know I'm excited. Today we are going to talk about the Edmonton Oilers that are ready to go for this season.

For signings the oilers have had some questionable signs and some good ones. Like drake caggiula??? That guys been washed since he was 18, hopefully he stays in the AHL or I'll get pissed. BUT FINALLY, Bouchard's been handed a contract. A two year worth US$3.9 million dollars annually. I am so glad since he's been so good lately. McLeod,janmark,hoefenmayer,Pederson,Gleason and Connor Brown have been signed or resigned recently. 

Good old Connor Brown, man I love this guy's play style and I'm 100% sure he will help the team. Connor's been in a bunch of teams and he's been a pretty consistent player averaging 30-40 point seasons. Me personally I think he's breaking his 43 point season this year. Brown is also a veteran so he can help the teams prospects and players that need help in certain areas. 

Janmark and McLeod are gonna have the best seasons of their lives. They are both  such underrated players. They don't score much but they help the team in both ends. I think that McLeod will make a few apperances with McDavid in that first line and Janmark can carry the third, fourth lines. 

Enough with the talking of contracts, let's get on to the whole team. Of course we have the craziest players in the world Connor freaking McDavid and Leon draisaitl that will just blow up the scoreboard like they always do but this team is not only a "2 man team" as a bunch of people say. They're stacked. Lately Hyman, nugent-hopkins and kane are going INSANE and for the defensive side of course you have Ekholm and Bouchard that are such a good duo. They are going to make the playoffs 100% unless something goes wrong.

For me I am so sad that Yamamoto and Kostin are gone. I loved them. The short king(I'm probably won't even get taller than him) and the big hitter. These guys can score and be a bit aggressive. So sad they left. I even liked puljajarvi(probably wrote that wrong), he was a goat I have a signed stick of him and he tossed me a puck(hihihiha).

Also, this teams depth is really good(finally). The whole team is scoring goals and I love that. Like I am just so excited for this team in the upcoming season it's crazy. The team has really good expectations so I hope they can prove that they can be apart of the top teams in the league. Can McDavid get another 150 point season? I think so he's just so good and consistent. As long as there's no big injuries we got this in the bag.

To finish off, I think this team will be great! Their depth is amazing and they have 2 top players in the league. The goalies are good and it's just going to be a great season. Hope these guys can get close to a cup.

Peace out, sports expert show.

15 hours ago, sportexperts show said:

The goalies are good and it's just going to be a great season.

The goalies are average.

Jack Campbell needs to really show that he can play more than 50 games as starter and bring his numbers back down to what they were in Toronto but with the biggest second question mar being around who will play in the sixth slot and lack of depth on the back-end means that is unlikely to happen. So the question becomes can he play well enough to get them through the Play-offs? That is a big ask considering he may not even be consider the starter in Oil country.

Stuart Skinner reminders me every time I hear the name of the Simpsons. Again, a youngish goalie looking to establish himself in the league but showed clearly he isn`t able to carry the load by himself and rather choked in the play-offs likely costing his team or have others around the league figured him out? I think it is the later and he is unlikely to develop into the starting goalie that Oilers require.

So you have two okay goalies that should be good enough to get you to the play-offs but will most likely cost you in the play-off like they did last season. Unless Campbell can bounce back to form; which I think might be a tad difficult.

Defense? Nurse, Kulak, Ceci, Ekholm, and Bouchard are clearly your top five with likely Broberg as the sixth but with only 46 games under his belt leaves a ton of question marks as the young defender continue to develop into a solid defender in the NHL. Add in depth options; who have had a cup of tea with the NHL and Oilers last season in Desharnais; no spring chicken at 27yrs old and just making his NHL debut and Niemelainen, a bit more promising simple due to age but how much can you relay on the top five being health for the whole season. Oilers are one injury away from have a very suspect defense core. 

Oilers will make the play-offs but how much can the forward carry the load when defense matters more in Championship hockey?

8 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

They will find a way to blow, just like Toronto...

Lot of truth when both teams place more weight on offense than defense; and both likely one injury away from struggling.