Spurned - The Code of Conduct

jRuutu

Let's face it, VHL is unreadable at the moment. Every other post/article has a mention of a circus monkey performing an act that has no place in the VHL of today. If you read the official code of conduct, you can find the following part: "Sexual content, including explicit or suggestive references to genitalia and sexual acts, should not be shared or directed toward another user".

It is my understanding that the mention of a circus monkey performing a certain act is automatically swapped in when you use a certain s-word, so whoever happens to write the s-word is automatically going to get verbally, mentally, and spiritually assaulted when the league automatically forces you to read the statement about circus monkey doing something so vile.

If you still happen to have the code of conduct open, I encourage you to find the following part: "Additionally, we aim to create an environment that welcomes minors and members who browse the forums or discord during work/school. "  If you now go browse the Media Spot section, you will quickly notice at least five topics with a title that leaves very little to the imagination.  What kind of impact does reading such titles have on the random reader?  I can only speak for myself here, but I sometimes browse VHL with my phone when I am in public places. I have to now think twice if I want to do that.

It is fair to say not all the users who created the topics knew that using the s-word could lead to the word being swapped with a disgusting line. However, it is also fair to assume that at least some of the users knew this would happen and they used the word anyway.  

The question in my mind right now is: Why is something like this allowed to happen? What happened to the code of conduct? Why is VHL as a league grooming their users into thinking something like this is decent behavior? Fisting can cause serious injuries, and the negative impact mentioned statements have on the reputation of circus monkeys can not be underestimated. Fisting belongs to marriage. Monkeys belong to the wild.

It is not a surprise that the hiring thread for moderators was bumped a moment ago. The sheer number of traffic in Discord and in the forum lately has forced many of the moderators to really stop and think: "Is it worth it to push myself to the limit?"  As we now see with the state of the forum,  when the moderation team is burned out - the consequences can be significant.

Code of Conduct used to be the crown jewel of VHL, everybody in the league, in their own ways, participated in creating the rules and guidelines that we should all follow to make VHL a nice place to be in. It seems those efforts are now forgotten. VHL of today is a circus with out-of-control monkeys performing foul acts.

In solidarity with those who will be fisted in the future after having the misfortune of crossing paths with people who browse VHL - I have written this post while standing up. 

As one of the individuals who got caught not knowing that the use of the S word would be substituted for the mentioned expression related to circus monkeys I am in full agreement with this article.  Old jokes aside (even if they are funny) the creation of a safe environment for all needs to be considered.  The Code of Conduct has been written to ensure that and has been enforced with bans for similar content.  I give this article a 10/10 for standing up for what they consider decent and right.  Well done.