VAN/NYA; S91

VHL Bot

5 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

not trying to torpedo my GM, but is this trade legal in line with the Spirit of Competition rule as VAN does not have a human goalkeeper?

Just trying to educate myself, no criticism to any of the GM's involved...

With how few goalies there are in the VHL overall right now, hard to really punish teams for trying to at least get a goalie at some point in the season. But trading away the human goalie when you don't have another one could be grounds to be reviewed by Commissioners at year end. It'll be a pretty weird season regarding goalies so I figure that there just won't be any look at Spirit of Competition beyond just backup starts.

Also why is Karl Pedersen still a FA while he's earning TPE?

13 minutes ago, Spartan said:

With how few goalies there are in the VHL overall right now, hard to really punish teams for trying to at least get a goalie at some point in the season. But trading away the human goalie when you don't have another one could be grounds to be reviewed by Commissioners at year end. It'll be a pretty weird season regarding goalies so I figure that there just won't be any look at Spirit of Competition beyond just backup starts.

Yeah this is what I thought as well. I was excited to see that my future team finally got a goalie, and then checked the squads and thought 'well this is awkward'. I agree that this might be a situation unprecedented with the shortage of goalies and the powers to be may bend the rules (or rather ignore them) for this particular season.

I was not even aware that Pedersen is an FA, maybe he has decided not to sign?

EDIT: NYA indeed offered a contract to JeffD three weeks ago...

Edited by Daniel Janser

21 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

not trying to torpedo my GM, but is this trade legal in line with the Spirit of Competition rule as VAN does not have a human goalkeeper?

Just trying to educate myself, no criticism to any of the GM's involved...

It's a weird situation since New York did not have a human goalkeeper prior to the trade. I would expect either team to try and acquire a teams backup once they hit the 8 starts.

13 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I mean to be fair NYA has offered (before the season began if I remember correctly), so the player is choosing not to play over playing for NYA. I would expect that assuming this trade goes through, as NYA takes reasonable action to get their own active goaltender, that VAN would be obligated to offer. If Pedersen still sits, that's not really anyone's issue.

1 minute ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I mean to be fair NYA has offered (before the season began if I remember correctly), so the player is choosing not to play over playing for NYA. I would expect that assuming this trade goes through, as NYA takes reasonable action to get their own active goaltender, that VAN would be obligated to offer. If Pedersen still sits, that's not really anyone's issue.

Yeah I'm not flaming any team for not having signed him already. Just generally questioning why someone is active and choosing not to sign with teams. Would expect VAN to offer as well.

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

Yeah I'm not flaming any team for not having signed him already. Just generally questioning why someone is active and choosing not to sign with teams. Would expect VAN to offer as well.

Which we have made an offer so we will see if he signs now!! Hopefully!!