Recruitment is a weird topic (in my opinion)

Mysterious_Fish

Recruitment is a weird topic, personally I don’t have much hate towards the recruitment team. In this I will be saying a few ideas I have and my opinion on this whole Recruitment drama.

This drama is very unnecessary to have. Yes the VHLM is bare right now and the draft isn’t deep like seasons before. I understand how VHLM GM’s such as @ShawnGlade, @Arce, @Lemorse7 and @hylands can be upset as they are running a 4-2-1, 3-2-1, 3-0-1 or a 2-1-1 roster this season while other teams have a ton of players. The VHL and VHLE GM’s can also be a bit mad as for the VHLE some if not most of their players are moving up into the VHL and VHL GM’s are going to have less chance to get an active user who will be going to the VHL at some point. Obviously in a thing like this recruitment is important if you want to become bigger. Sim leagues need users in order to keep running and from what I can tell it isn't very fun when all you have are recreates from users. I would also like to say you can’t get mad at recruitment for doing a poor job on getting new users into the league unless you have been a part of the recruitment team, and even then unless you were really good with recruitment then you also shouldn’t be involved.

Now I do have a few ideas that may or may not be in the works and be helpful but here we go. Tik Tok, Tik Tok as we all know is the biggest social media platform, now what would you be able to post on Tik Tok. Maybe a cool graphic, some scores in VHL/VHLE/VHLM games and then standings update each week or every day. Might be a way to get some new users to join. You can also do some VHL News Tik Toks recapping something interesting going on, and in the Off-season you can do a quick draft recap and look over some moves and maybe off-season tournaments. My next idea is something that I found cool from the SHL. In the SHL they have a “Rookie Discord Server” for the draft class. Now as a person who had just joined I found this very cool and interesting. At first I thought it was stupid but as time went on I found it really helpful. With a “Rookie Discord Server” it brings out another job opportunity which would be a Mentor. A Mentor would be there to help the draft class throughout their players careers. With this you might be able to keep some of the new users in the VHL.

Those were my ideas, now again no hate towards the recruitment team as they are hopefully trying their best to recruit new members into the league. I tried to stay out of the way from this drama but when it comes to theme week and more tpe I might as well do this.

Word Count: 506

13 minutes ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

I would also like to say you can’t get mad at recruitment for doing a poor job on getting new users into the league unless you have been a part of the recruitment team, and even then unless you were really good with recruitment then you also shouldn’t be involved.

I’m not going to further criticize recruitment, but I don’t think that’s a very fair assessment. that would be like saying you can’t criticize a NHL GM because you aren’t directly involved.

Edited by Zetterberg

2 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

I’m not going to further criticize recruitment, but I don’t think that’s a very fair assessment. that would be like saying you can’t criticize a NHL GM because you aren’t directly involved.

Fair point, I realize what I said was kinda stupid but I do feel like this was kinda stupid and this whole drama got way out of hand, more than it should have