Bana Blabs #100 - FREE AGENTS and MORE!

Banackock

Bana Blabs #100

Clayton Keller Hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Another Blab brought to you by Talk-to-Text, an easier way to do this. Thanks, Siri. Despite your many, often simple errors. I appreciate you. You have made this easier and I wish I would have given you a try all those seasons ago! 

Severus Targaryen Player Page (Bana's Player)

Seattle Bears Team Page

Bears Discord - General. Come join the fun! That's what the VHL is all about :)

Just finished my last test for this course and am officially putting a wrap on things here in Brandon. Thought of switching the flight but going to stick with the flight home tomorrow. I wrote Bana Blabs #99 that was intended to be a vhl.com article and fortunately I was gifted with a media spot. Glad it was out of the way. Not gonna update you too much on life here now as nothing much has changed since yesterday, so let's just get into blabbing.

• There's quite a few decent free agents this off-season and like every off-season now for some time, most GM's are waiting to see what they end up doing. It never felt like it used to be this way, but now it is the norm. We wouldn't wait to see what all were doing. We might leave space open for some, but once the off-season started, so did your business. Now some like to wait a week, tell you they're not making moves yet, and then immediately out of nowhere they make trades and are done without circling back, lol. New generation I suppose. Either way, Seattle has a healthy looking build this off-season. We have the right mix off everything. Goalie, D, F - if no changes are made. We have the youth that allows us the cap. Hell, we can pull something special off here so we'll see. Depends which way we go and if major structure changes are made!
  • Recruitment needs to start happening. Man, oh man, those drafts are shit. It would be neat to see the community come together, put their minds to the task, and see if we can come up with something unique and/or effective. We can keep kicking the same cans and I'm sure we'll find results, but the more weapons you have, the better off we are. I really hope I get hired into the recruitment team. I'd like to bring about some changes, see what we can do and be an immediate impact member on the recruitment side of things for the foreseeable future.
  • 1,696 wins as Seattle Bears GM. Pretty crazy. 304 more to go and we hit the magical 2k mark. In order to have it happen during the S100, I'd need to average 33.7 wins per season. So far through the career, I've averaged 39.44 wins/season, so it could very well be done, but Seattle is also in a position at the moment where we potentially could be rebuilding. AGAIN, depends how and what we do this off-season. Either way, crazy. I remember hitting 1,000, surpassing @Advantage and it being a big deal. Now @hedgehog337 are putting miles on the old GM vehicles to ensure it'll be a long time before anyone tickles our totals.