3 VHLM Players to Watch in Week 3

LucyXpher

Last week, we looked at three VHLM players who might be flying under the radar in the early goings of the seasons.  This week, I'll be highlighting three VHL Draft eligibles who have produced at the highest level at their respective position.  If the season were to end today, these three players would most likely be frontrunners for individual accolades and a high draft position.  

Forum Content (LW, Saskatoon Wild): Currently leading all VHLM players with 44 points in 24 games, Forum Content @frescoelmo lives up to their name as arguably the top VHL Draft eligible player.  With good skating, great puckhandling and passing, and a decent shot, this is a player who has become the focal point of the Wild offense.  Forum Content is the only player on the Wild with more than 2 games played to have a positive +/- rating.  Content has taken 108 shots and has 12 goals to go along with an impressive 32 assists.  This is certainly a player who has been thriving within their team's system, benefitting from a wealth of opportunities and management's trust, though it hasn't exactly translated into consistent wins for the Wild so far this season.  Saskatoon will hope that Forum Content can continue to produce at a high level to help ensure a playoff berth come season's end.

Bilbo Teebaggins (D, Miami Marauders): On paper, Bilbo Teebaggins @SackButter is not a player that would stand out to most scouts.  Sure, he's got decent skating and puck handling and is a solid defender, but the eye test doesn't exactly scream top scoring draft eligible defender in the VHLM.  With 8 goals and 24 assists for 32 points in 24 games, Teebaggins trails only Bric Sheithaus, a Riga Reign draft pick, for points by a defenseman.  Though his deployment has been favorable and he's had the benefit of playing on a well-rounded team that currently sits 1st in the VHLM, Teebaggins has proved doubters wrong so far this season.  It remains to be seen if he can stay effective as the year goes on and the competition becomes more fierce.  For now, though, Miami will have no complaints with Teebaggins' play and he is in line to be a coveted prospect in the next draft.

Jorgen Lovstrom (G, Philadelphia Reapers): The top goalie the VHLM right now is Jorgen Lovstrom @Pifferfish.  A native of Greenland, Lovstrom leads the league in wins with an impressive 17 in 22 starts. He also has the highest save percentage of all goalies with more than 10 games played at .918, and has the second lowest GAA at 2.31.  Lovstrom has been a huge part of the Reapers' success so far this season as they currently hold the 2nd spot overall.  With 1 shutout, Lovstrom is one of only three goalies to have blanked an opponent this season and as the year goes on, don't be surprised to see Lovstrom continue his goaltending dominance.  Philadelphia has a well rounded roster with defenders who defend the net well.  It's an ideal situation for one of the top goalie prospects in the upcoming VHL Draft. 

Lauren Lambert for VHL.com

Claimed for week of 01/28/24

Edited by LucyXpher

Just now, Pifferfish said:

Join philly. I'd love to team with you!!! :)

we'll see what happens in the VHLM Draft but I will be taking my services to San Diego for the last x games! Might end up being a goalie too so we may not get that chance, but we shall see how the next couple weeks go!

1 minute ago, jacobcarson877 said:

we'll see what happens in the VHLM Draft but I will be taking my services to San Diego for the last x games! Might end up being a goalie too so we may not get that chance, but we shall see how the next couple weeks go!

T-T