Around the League- Enforcer addition

Scurvy

Another week has gone by and for this week’s Around the League in 500 words I’d like to talk about some VHL, VHLE, And VHLM Tough Guys and killers and maybe some other random stuff before I head off to Phoenix and enjoy some sun after endless freezing temps and non-stop rain of late.   So Here weeeeee GOOOOOO! 

VHL TOUGH GUYS

Make no mistake; I love checking my box scores and seeing my player has gotten into a fight.  It adds a little spice to the box score, and I know some people could care less but I enjoy it.  I think it adds to rivalries and wish there was more of it.  

In the VHL there are currently some bruisers, but I think the overall beast of the league is Prague’s John Jameson @Frank.  JJ does just about everything a team could ask for, hits, fights, and scores.  4 straight seasons with over 40 goals and despite ageing he maintains a physical game and has dropped the mitts 5 times already this season, which leads the league.  JJ also leads the league in hits with 148 and PIMS with 131 (in just 35 games).  JJ could be on pace for a 300 hit and 260 PIM season.  

Other VHL Beasts:

Fradin McGryer @Fradin99(RIG) – 4 fighting majors – 96 PIM – 108 hits

Callum Gary Yannick Janser- @Daniel Janser- 3 fighting majors- 101 PIM- 121 hits.

Phil Strasmore @PhilPhil- 101 PIM- 109 hits (1449 Career PIMS)

Alfred Champagne @Anthique- 81 PIM – 141 hits (2 straight season with over 200 PM)

Diego Machado @Dadam30- 4 fighting majors 48 PIM

Mason Rice @Sawyer13- 4 fighting majors (2 wins) – 60 PIM – 101 hits.

VHLE TOUGHS

In the E I’d have to say the tough guy award must go to Stockholm’s behemoth defenseman, Guntis Gavilrovs @Girts.  This towering player is not only over a point per game but he’s leading the league in hits (165) and PIMS (98).  Guntis and Oslo’s forward, Logan Ninefinger has a huge rivalry going but have yet to drop the mitts.  Every time they match up it’s an exciting sight to watch.

Other VHLE tough guys

Adi Dassler @BOOM-  3 fighting majors- 37 PIM- 77 hits

Logan Ninefingers-  2 fighting majors- 50 PIM- 105 hits

Jussi Jokinenegg @HearnNation67- 4 fighting majors (leads league) 

VHLM TOUGHS

In the minor leagues I would have to give the tough guy tribute to San Diego Marlin’s big defenseman, Billy Joel @The goat of hockey.  605 and 235 pounds he is patrolling the blue line and crushing opposing players with 100 hits in 34 games.  62 minutes in the sin bin and has 2 fighting majors, tied for the league lead.  

Notable other toughs:

Cody Toland @ctoland102- 65 PIM -106 hits

WWumbo @Fire Tortorella.   -62 PIM 101 hits

Dustin Moore @Maxx.  – 57 PIM 106 hits

Well, there you have it.  It will be interesting to see where these players end up at the end of the season and who will continue with an aggressive build.  

I would like to pose a question???  Do you think there should be a tough guy trophy of some kind in each league? What would it be called? 

Also, does anyone see the benefit of creating an enforcer in the league?  Does it benefit a team in anyway? Or only hurt them?  

Have a good weekend. 

8 hours ago, Scurvy said:

I would like to pose a question???  Do you think there should be a tough guy trophy of some kind in each league? What would it be called? 

absolutely, the Ryan Reaves award

Also, does anyone see the benefit of creating an enforcer in the league?  Does it benefit a team in anyway? Or only hurt them?  

Helps, we cause a lot of turnovers off of hits