VHL Recruitment "Update" S92

Banackock

Recruitment Update S92

Hello, VHL. I hope everyone is doing good and that you're enjoying the VHL. I know there's been lots of opinions about how the recruitment team has been doing (or not doing) in the past and because of that, I'd like to shine a little light on how things have been going recently. As you all know this season, the VHL recruitment team made significant changes and moves to bolster recruitment efforts league wide. They started off by saying farewell to amazing members like @Subject056 and @N0HBDY who put in time and effort into bringing members into the place. I'd like to thank them for their time and effort. It's a lot of work and it's often thankless. The amount of hours I've put into it each week since joining is fairly high and it's all in hopes to spread the word about how fun the league is and to get members to join. With them saying good bye, @Moon and whoever else was involved in the process ended up bringing in myself and @dlamb. Following our hirings, magic started to happen. Some of it was planned already, some of it wasn't. At the end of the day, I think we've done a great job so far with lots of work and fine tuning left to do. So, what's been done and what's coming?

• YOUTUBE ADVERTISEMENT. Unless you are living under a rock, you know by now that the VHL took part in a league advertisement through Youtube. You can take a look at the video and advertisement HERE! It happens slightly after the 4 minute mark and has brought in a lot of members. The advertisement went live 4 weeks ago, specifically on January 7, 2024. The video has received over 109,000 views at this time - which is exceptional for the VHL. We've also seen a greta amount of members join since then! Let's take a look at some of the stats:

User joined from YouTube since then: 

my numbers are likely slightly off. 192 members since then! We've had a few from TikTok, Sister Leagues and all of that fun.

• REDDIT. A few members have also joined from Reddit and while we've hit a unique snag (apparently you need to talk a SHIT TON on /hockey), we're still on the search and have had some members join the league. @dlamb has been one of the mains attacking Reddit right now and has done a good job doing so. Furthering, I think because of their activity and account on there, they're also one of the most equipped to do so. As the seasons go on, we'll be looking at ways to make sure we're making the most out of the Reddit Hockey and more community.

• TIKTOK. The VHL is on the Tiktok and this has kind of become my baby. While we've only seen 2-3 members join from Tiktok so far (which I'm honestly pumped about), for me right now it's all about growing the followers at the moment. Every day it seems as though we're growing quickly. As I look right now, we're sitting at 438 followers - most of them being hockey related accounts and few of them being recognizable from the VHL. Every day I'm on there, mass following those who follow hockey, NHL 24 or anything somewhat similar in hope they'll follow us back. @Triller has been making those neat videos you seen on there and we hopefully will have more in store in the future. If you can make videos and want to be part of this, hop on board and reach out to me. I'd love to see what we can do here. The platform is huge and the sky is the limit. It's free for us! This is our community and it's a growing one!

WHAT IS TO COME?

A lot is in store. We're thinking about a few things that we can do to have a constant stream of members coming in but as some of us know, in order for them to be consistent, we have to always be consistent. Again, it's often a thankless role but I've been very appreciate of those who have offered words of support, kindness and even help with retention. Afterall, as you can tell, retention might now be part of the issue. I've said it in the past and will continue to echo it. People complain about recruitment, but when it happens, very few of those who were crying were nowhere to be seen when it came time to retain these members - welcome them, help them and fire them DM's. It seems if you don't reach out to them while they're initially on, they're most likely gone. Some have no hope in hell. It's not their thing or whatever, but as we've learned from the amazing members who have stuck around, it's possible. 

HELP WANTED, APPLY HERE!
job hiring GIF by The Orchard Films

We've gotten some awesome standings content on tiktok but are wanting to diverse what we post and really show people what the VHL is all about. If you have any ideas about videos or content we can create and post, please throw a comment below. The think tank is working behind the scenes in the recruitment discord, but we'd appreciate all the help we can get. ALSO, if anyone has video creating skills and can make content for us on a weekly to every so often basis, please let me know. It can count towards you 6 weekly and all of that fun jazz for start and maybe we can talk other things. I'm not the one to hire or pay TPE etc, but surely you'd be able to submit it (if good enough) as a weekly graphic etc. 

I'm sure there's some things I'm missing, but that's kind of been what's going on right now for recruitment. The activity and discussion in there is almost daily, certainly every week a sufficient amount of effort is going into things. I can't speak for anyone as I don't know what they're doing behind the scenes, but I'm daily on the TikTok and retention grind and have seen awesome efforts from the teams through discussions and posts from them! 

Claiming weeks:

Ending 11th (double week, player store purchase)

Ending 18th