Around the League

Scurvy

Well, its officially the off-season for some while others still hunt for Cup glory.  The VHLE season is over, the Pro-am is gearing up, and I try and slog my way through another Around the League in 500 words segment.  

NINEFINGERS WINS A CUP

My player, Logan Ninefingers finally was able to hoist a Cup in the VHLE for the Bratislava Watchmen.  Logan has been in three straight cup finals starting with his re-create season (S90) with the Miami Maurauders where he lost the Cup in game 7.  

His next full season in the VHLM was with the Philadelphia Phantoms where he not only enjoyed a 64 goal season but his club made it to the Cup finals once again, only to lose again.

Finally, this season despite only decent offensive output he was able to fill a role and win the Renaissance Cup!  He will take it!  Ninefingers had a great time with Bratislava with an active LR and some fun players.  He learned one fact in Bratislava too…. That he wants to win more cups!!   

What’s next?  Logan is preparing his bags for the long flight to his hometown of Seattle to see family and friends for a short time before making the 2-hour drive north to Vancouver.  Ninefingers told friends that he wants to get to Vancouver early along with Riley Martin @Smarch, Guntis Gavilrovs @Girts, and fellow Watchmen teammate Vlad Von Carstein @Dom to start hitting the gym to get ready for the show.  It is rumored that he has buried the hatchet with VHLE rival and monster of a Dman, Gavilrovs.  It was scary enough to see these two play against each other, we can only imagine how scary it will be now that they play together and like each other.

These four rookies join a Vancouver club with some hungry young talent and one of the best defensemen in the league in Liv Slater @Subject056 and a unshakable goalie in Dalkr Vidarsson @KaleebtheMighty.  

HELSINKI DEFENSIVE TRIBUTE

Helsinki has come out to a 3-1 lead over a very tough London club.  London has a scary as hell offense so the fact that the Titans have been able to stop them defensively is a remarkable achievement.  Must give tons of credit to their defensive core and most notably my former teammate, Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito.  PEB is 5th in scoring with 18 points and has blocked 28 shots.  This is PEB final season, and he’s had a great career.  Not only an award-winning player but a great locker room asset to any team.  Next in line is my favorite Kardashian, Kronchy @Garsh.  KK is shot blocking beast (34) and despite his small size he plays a mean game.  YaBoi Oven @Doomsday, the first overall pick in S90 can also do it all.  He’s been rock steady all season, hitting, fighting, and scoring.  He has shutdown talent that can lead the PP.  I anticipate lots of individual trophies in his future. 

Not to be overlooked on defense either is the bone crushing hitter Tommy Sleeves @dasboot.   Sleeves is a monster defensive defenseman that tips the scales at 250lbs.  He leads the playoff in hits (51) and has been great this playoff at shutting down opposing teams’ offense with little or no fanfare.  He shows up every night and plays a hard game for his team.  

Best of Luck Helsinki