Berocka fixes the Career Point Tasks

Berocka

Why are Career point tasks have such weird timings on when you can complete them, I understand sort of that you want players to have to spread out your TPE earning so they can’t all be claimed at once. However, how it is currently structured you can complete 4/5 in your VHLE season. Let us have a look at all this together and see if we can come up with a better way of making this happen.

Currently the tasks are as follows

Prospect Scouting Report - Short review of VHLM career,  focus on pros/cons, or other method of scouting report. Complete before your first VHL game.

Hello Europe - Your player has made the jump to our European league. Talk about your expectations and areas for growth. Complete during your VHLE Rookie Season.

Rookie Experience - Talk about graduating to the VHL, expectations, reservations, etc. Complete between a player's VHL draft and the end of that player's first season in the VHL.

Career Reflection - Discuss how your player has fared in the VHL so far, and what you hope to accomplish over your final seasons. Complete in your 4th season or later.

Biography - Earn up to 8 uncapped TPE once per career. Complete anytime.

So, there is a total of 28 TPE that you can earn through the career point tasks you can achieve 23/28 in your VHLE season, as you meet the requirements of the Prospect Scouting report, you meet the requirements of Hello Europe and Rookie Experience. As well as being able to complete the Biography at any time so with all this added in you can achieve 23 uncapped TPE in any week you want during your VHLE season.

So, this goes back to my original question, why are there weird time frames on when you can complete the career point tasks. Now that I have raised an issue let us see if we can come up with a reasonable solution.

Firstly, I think that the whole point of career point tasks are a bit silly, when you can complete any of this as a media spot at any time it is weird that you have another subforum where no one goes to talk about your player more. When I have a look at the subforums for the career point tasks I found one point task that had more than a couple of replies excluding any locked topics. When you compare this to media spots it appears to have about half the number of replies. I honestly don’t see the point of having career point tasks apart from it is unfair to the newer players they don’t get to do them.

How I would structure the career point tasks.

1.       Scouting Report/Draft Day Analysis

If you complete this task before you get drafted to a VHL team you write the normal prospect scouting report, if you complete this after draft day you need to dissect the draft you were in, did you go where expected was there any other interest in you etc.

2.       VHLM Experience

What were some of the Pros/Cons of your time in the VHLM, what were your stat lines like where did you succeed where did you fail. What would you change etc. Can be completed once you do a season in the appropriate league.

3.       VHLE Experience

Same as above just about the VHLE

4.       Career recap

Can be completed in your final two seasons

5.       Biography

This goes unchanged

What do you think about my changes is it better off or does it make it worse, essentially I am pushing everything back until you have actually completed the seasons in the retrospective leagues. As well as not putting an end date on any of the TPE so you can complete it at any time.

I might be weird and I bit drunk as I write this so maybe it will make sense or maybe it won`t but I agree with your timing/time line but I also think we should have more career tasks throughout the players career like:

1. Introduction to the player - Biography, I guess talking about his past experiences what he wants by turning to the VHLM/VHLE/VHL

2. Rookie season in the VHLM

3. Draft report (VHLM)

4. Rookie Experience VHLE

5. Draft report for the VHLE & VHL (expectations)

6. VHLE Rookie Report or VHLE Experience or Skip report Press release (since I am not thinking of playing the VHLE unless I have too)

7. VHL Prospect report - thoughts about being drafted and leading up to the first season.

8. Rookie Experience VHL

9. Now your a Veteran (halfway through your career so 4 seasons in)

10. Career recap ( final two seasons)

Would need to reduce the amount of TPE paid out for most of these since I don`t think the league wants to see an increase in TPE as it stands so all of them would need to be around 3TPE to keep the balance between 30 TPE earned by career tasks. That being said some of take more to write than others so should have some more weight.

Also agree these shouldn`t be placed in the Career area but should be placed within the VHL.com articles so that they have more eye on them in general. Bigger ones should be placed as media reports like Biography & Career recap.

But in the end I agree with what you are say!!!

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Fr, we legit changed them based on what he asked for last time lol

You changed one thing on the list I asked for