Antonio Buscatini wins the Triple Crown

Thunder

I only went back twenty seasons, and I still didnt find a triple crown, like we just witnessed tonight.  Antonio Buscatini has been crowned the award.  Last season, Buscatini won the Kentucky Derby, by being selected first in the VHLM draft.  Saturday night, Buscatini won the Preakness, by being selected first overall in the VHL, and tonight Buscatini sealed the deal winning the Belmont, securing the first overall pick in the VHLE.  Congratulations goes out to @CowboyinAmerica for accomplishing something so rare.

There were three other players over the last twenty seasons who were selected first in the VHL and VHLM, but they skipped the VHLE draft.  Back in season 83, Scotty Sundin was picked first in the VHL by the Chicago Phoenix, and the previous season he was picked first by the San Diego Marlins in the VHLM.  Who knows if @fromtheinside had chosen to participate in the VHLE draft if he could have won the triple crown.

Paul Atreides was picked first in season 77 by Moscow Menace and by the Houston Bulls in season 76.  Like @fromtheinside, @Mr_Hatter did not participate in the VHLE draft.

The other first overall pick for the VHL and VHLM was in season 75.  Pistil Stamen was selected by the Los Angeles Stars and in season 74 the Yukon Rush selected the player created by @DMaximus .

A triple crown winner is about as rare as a team pulling their goalie in overtime to make it 4 on 3!

249 words

13 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I only went back twenty seasons

You wouldn't have to go back further anyways, as there have only been 14 VHLE drafts in league history!

Now go and find who was the first to win the Founder's, Renaissance, and Continental cups 😛

2 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Now go and find who was the first to win the Founder's, Renaissance, and Continental cups

I would try but I earned all my tpe for the week!!  

21 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Thanks! Didn't know this was a thing until the draft chat last night, but very cool now that I know I've got it.

Yup!!  You’re a legend!!

11 hours ago, Thunder said:

I would try but I earned all my tpe for the week!!  

I believe it was achieved in S85 if that helps at all 👀 + been done at least once since then

5 minutes ago, Enorama said:

believe it was achieved in S85 if that helps at all 👀 + been done at least once since then

I will remember this if I see it on trivia!!