Halfway Thoughts

The VHLE Season is halfway finished and I thought I'd look back at what I expected the standings would look like, and what they currently look like. 

First place is where the Cologne Express presently reside, I had them picked as one of the top teams but I had them at number two, I'm pretty surprised that not only are they first but almost have a 10 point lead on the next team. I think a lot of the success can be put on the shoulders of their goaltender Clark @cl4rkas he has won them a lot of games where their skaters didn't score much.

At second is where the Vasteras Iron Eagles roost, I had these guys pegged as the team to beat this year. They sit comfortably in second and currently have a seven point gap between them and third place. Goaltending has been very strong for them with Vencko @Mutti holding a .939 and Lovstrom @Pifferfishwith a .936 save percentage and the scariest part is they're still improving. In front of the two young netminders we have a pair of young stars leading the way in Del Rocco @Victor18 goals 24 assists 42 points and Leitner @LucyXpher7 goals 25 assists 32 points. I expect them to close the gap on Cologne in the coming weeks.

In third is exactly where I had the Oslo Storm in my preseason predictions as I stated earlier they are seven points behind Vasteras and are eight points clear of fourth presently. Oslo has one of the most potent offenses in the league with 117 goals for but their defense almost levels it out with 110 goals against. Their offense is led by Gretzky @MubbleFubbles21 goals 29 assists 50 points and first overall pick Bucatini @CowboyinAmerica21 goals 21 assists 42 points. Oslo will want to keep piling in goals in order to storm their way up the standings.

In fourth at this moment is the Stockholm Vikings who I had ranked fifth to start the year, they are in a tight fight to hold onto their current spot and only hold a two point lead on fifth. The big reason for their success this year is goaltending Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen @Snussuis an absolute superstar holding a .943 save percentage and a 2.39 goals against average. If they can improve more in front of him this could be a really scary team down the stretch.

In fifth we have the Rome Gladiators who I had at fourth ahead of Stockholm this team has high end talent but it seems a lack of depth is hurting them. They are led  by Ecker @Nathan_822 goals 26 assists 48 points and Dukat @MSouthworth11 goals 36 assists 47 points. Only being two points behind Stockholm I expect them to push hard to move ahead of them.

And at last we come to sixth where we have the Bratislava Watchmen who we knew would be here this is a big rebuild year for them, however they do only sit six points back of fourth so they could sneak into the top four. They are led by Jigglejawns CXXXVII II @.sniffuM18 goals 24 assists 42 points and Weiss @jfaly15 goals 27 assists 42 points. 

Looking at where everyone is at the moment I actually think this will be the order of the standings at the end of the season. So I look forward to the standings being flipped on their head by then.