Malmo Nighthawks Team Press Conference

Had to create a new one since @DarkSpyro got a little crazy with our last one 😂

Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png  PRESS CONFERENCE Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png

Week of: April 14th, 2024

Answer 6 of these questions for 2 TPE

1. With Helsinki selling off their players, it looks like the top 5 EU teams have formed. Where do you think we end up in the standings?

2. We are currently ranked as the 3rd best team in the VHL by point totals. Which team has surprised you this season?

3. What is something you are looking forward to?

4. What has been the most impactful performance from a Malmo player that you have seen this season?

5. How have you been doing with your New Year's Resolutions?

6. PC, Xbox, or Playstation?

7. Which team is your favorite brand or name in the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM?

8. HYPOTHETICAL: You have been allowed to forgo every single chore in your life except for one. You have to do that chore everyday for the rest of your life. Which chore are you picking?

5 minutes ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png  PRESS CONFERENCE Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png

1. With Helsinki selling off their players, it looks like the top 5 EU teams have formed. Where do you think we end up in the standings?

2. We are currently ranked as the 3rd best team in the VHL by point totals. Which team has surprised you this season?

4. What has been the most impactful performance from a Malmo player that you have seen this season?

8. HYPOTHETICAL: You have been allowed to forgo every single chore in your life except for one. You have to do that chore everyday for the rest of your life. Which chore are you picking?

1) Honestly looks like the top-5 EU teams could end up in almost any order at this point, but I think we'll pull it out and end up 1st or 2nd!

2) I thought Calgary would be a lot better than they are.

3) Winning the Continental Cup this year :mal:

4) Sparks has stood on his head a few times. I think there was a game we beat Calgary(?) despite being outshot like 60-30, so I'll go with that one.

6) PC

7) Honestly probably Halifax, even though "21st" sounds a bit awkward. It has a strong meaning & connection to the area, and being for a VHLM team (ie. the entry point to the VHL) it has another layer of meaning to it there. Malmo, Prague, and Riga are my favourites in the VHL.

29 minutes ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

Answers:

1. I’d say we are near the top! If we aren’t the best EU team, then we are at least in the top 3 for sure.

2. I knew that LA was going to take a bit of a step back, but I really didn’t predict such a big downfall after the run they had last season.

3. I’m excited to see us go deep in the playoffs- hopefully even win the Continental Cup!

4. I’m going with the games we won last night. Sparks had back to back shutouts in games that we got out-shot, 1 of said games being a 49 save shutty in a 1-0 W!

6. As someone who has played all consoles at some point in time.. PC has been really really good but I do miss some things that only Xbox had to offer. PS is still nice as well, but I have to give it to PC for it’s superiority.

7. I like the branding for a lot of teams in the VHL and in the M! Over the years my tastes have changed, but I think I’ve always seen Malmo and Prague as some of the best designs. Also, both teams have such nice jerseys and colour palettes! 

On 4/12/2024 at 1:23 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. I'm not sure exactly what others' schedules look like, but 9 of our remaining 21 games are against bottom five teams in the league, which I imagine gives us a relatively easier remaining schedule than most. I think given what I know about our schedule, I think we can finish in the top three and avoid having to play in the first round. We do still need to start our backup six more times, but we do have one of the best backups in the league.

2. New York, in a bad way. I'm surprised they aren't scoring more. I had them as the standalone top tier NA team.

3. Hosting another game night at my place. When I moved back in December, I envisioned myself hosting something probably monthly or maybe even more frequently, but I've only had one outing so far. It was a lot of fun, and it's not like I have much else going on, I just have low self esteem and I fear that people won't actually want to come over that often.

5. Not great. Just as a recent example, I stayed up past midnight the last couple nights, and my New Year's resolution was a vague "sleep better."

7. Honestly, I do have to say Malmo is one of my favorites. Prague is up there as well. The logos are nice for these two teams, and I particularly likely the color schemes. One thing I would like, though, is logos for these two teams without the text on them. The Yukon Rush, although defunct at the moment, will always be a personal favorite as well. I don't care a ton for the logo, but I love the team name and the color scheme is unique enough.

8. I'll say washing dishes. Even if we are talking about hand washing/drying as opposed to just loading/unloading a dishwasher, if it's something I have to do every day, then I'm going to pick something where I can say roughly in one place. That way it's easier to multitask and put on a show while I'm doing it.

Week of: April 28th, 2024

1. Malmo is making a push for the 1st overall position in both the EU conference and the VHL. Did you think we would be here at the beginning of this season?

2. Who would you rank as our team's MVP?

3. How did your player perform this season?

4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

5. What team are you rooting for in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

6. How have your predictions for the VHL held up this season?

7. Who is your favorite band or musical artist?

8. HYPOTHETICAL: You woke up this morning and the world has transformed into the last movie you watched. How screwed are you?

44 minutes ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. Malmo is making a push for the 1st overall position in both the EU conference and the VHL. Did you think we would be here at the beginning of this season?

8. HYPOTHETICAL: You woke up this morning and the world has transformed into the last movie you watched. How screwed are you?

Answers

1. Yes and no. There were some moments where I thought it was getting a bit out of reach, but I still never lost faith that we could still be the 1 of the top teams in the VHL.

2. I think Viktor Jensen and Jacob Stone have proven to be our biggest driving forces and continued to dominate this season like they both have been for some time now.  

3. I’m fairly pleased with how Ash Sparks has performed. Even if his save% isn’t as high as I hoped, it’s still pretty good and I can’t complain too much. 
4. Chocolate brownie ice cream

5. I’m a leafs fan but I’m also rooting for all the Canadian teams to go far in these playoffs!

6. Surprisingly they are going really good so far so I’m kinda lowkey hyped over it 😂 

8 minutes ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. I absolutely did, and I also had London as our biggest competition for the spot as well. I did have us predicted to win the Victory Cup, and although I think Toronto still has better odds of winning it at this point, we definitely have a chance at it.

2. This may be conceited, but I'm going to say myself. I mean no disrespect to my teammates, but I am the star of the best defense in the league. Yeah, there are six guys ahead of me in goals scored, but I am still heavily involved in the offense as I have the most assists and second most points. Viktor Jensen is definitely in the discussion as well. Leading in goals and points, and unlike myself, he doesn't commit many penalties.

3. Despite what I just said above, I am disappointed in my overall performance. My numbers aren't up by much compared to last season. I do think I'm clearly the second best defensive defender in the league, as Skor McFleury should take that easily. I wanted to see better offensive numbers to secure a spot on the All-VHL First Team. I should have a chance at it, though it'll be interesting to see how David Jokinen factors in to that voting, and there are a few other guys who have a decent lead on me in goals but don't quite stack up defensively.

4. Cookies and cream

6. They were looking better when Skor McFleury was dominating, but he has dropped off a bit and I think at this point he's probably only favored to win two of the six awards I predicted for him. Other than those two, as I said I have us winning the Victory Cup and Nikolas Kauppi leading in goals, as well as the post-season awards, as potential correct picks.

7. Motion City Soundtrack. Though my current favorite is Taylor Blackwell. I have listened to her one album probably like 15 times in the past week. Hozier's newest album+EP has also gotten a few listens over the last couple of days. Fare Well is such an amazing song.

12 hours ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

1) I figured we'd be really good again. Who actually ends up #1 overall in the league can be a little random so I wouldn't say I expected anything other than to be among the team's contending for that spot.

2) Either Jacob Stone or Ash Sparks. We allow the fewest goals in the league so let's go with either the #1 d-man on the league's best defense (and one of our leading scorers as well), or the goalie who's keeping all the pucks out. Sparks is right up there among the league leaders in GAA, SV%, shutouts, wins... it probably doesn't hold up to Summers' season when it comes to winning league awards but he's clearly been great this year.

3) Cooled off more than I'd hoped in the second half of the season, but all-in-all it was a pretty good year, a step up from my rookie season. Hope to continue the progress next season.

4) Chocolate chip cookie dough.

5) The Jets are my team, so them, but if I had to pick anyone else, probably Edmonton simply because McDavid deserves a cup.

6) I should get a few points out of Skor McFleury winning awards at least. Most of the rest are not looking great.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:46 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. Definitely knew we had the talent but hard to tell with this simulator honestly sometimes. 

2. Stone has been an absolute monster this year.  Ash doing his thing too!

3. Pretty okay with Jensen although with how he started the season, I was admittedly hoping he’d break 100. 

4. Neopolitan honestly. love all 3

5. Anyone but Boston and Toronto for this guy

8. Oh dear..Last movie I watched was Poor Things…so yeah yikes. IYKYK

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 9:46 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. honestly no we were just not winning at the same rate and felt like we only won by a hair but I'm happy and shocked that we did!
2. Ash Sparks was honestly the big reason why we won the victory cup again
3. A lot better then I expected of course not a top scorer but all around was one of the better players
4. chocolate is not the best but it just fits perfectly 
5. none because montreal will never make it...but on a team who is actually in there I would say canucks
6. welp with sorta being inactive I didn't really have any :rofl: