KaleebtheMighty's Writer/Author Thread

So it took awhile to even mention anything, but here I am shamelessly self promoting myself. And hey, now many of you will know my actual name and my actual face instead of just @thadthrasher 😅

For those of you that know what I was doing, I've been working on a writing-hobby for the better half of this year. Which turned into a whole trilogy idea and opened my eyes to the fact that yes, I can write a book. Is it good? I mean, I think so, I love my idea. But what writer wouldn't love his own book. I've been hard at work (and a little bit more quiet than usual) trying to pursue my goal and dream of being a published writer. Which, I will state, was a LOT more work than I thought. And a lot of rejections to boot. I can share the frustration of getting rejection after rejection from literary agents with @der meister's own experiences (which if you need a beta reader, I'm more than happy to offer myself!)

Out of the total 74 queries I have sent beginning in March of this year...71 of them have been rejections. Ouch. Granted, what I wrote isn't "popular" right now. I've begun writing a science fiction trilogy. You'd think with the popularity of Dune that it could have legs, but being a debut author with no writing background in terms of a literary degree of some sorts, I can see why I'd be rejected. So I ventured into the realm of self-publishing. And I've slowly built up a market for my book on Instagram with some success!

Now the point of the whole post. I'm not asking for an outcry of support, but hey, if you're interested in reading a science fiction story with thrilling action, grand conspiracy, and a Star Wars/Matrix type vibe...I think I have a book for you. The first book in The Karajan Saga titled Fates of Rebels and Men is being released on Amazon on August 29th, 2024 as an ebook and a paperback! I'll post the Amazon link and the Goodreads link for anyone interested.

f9z7ff3n9yhd1.jpeg

Amazon: https://a.co/d/8piio55

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/217101281-fates-of-rebels-and-men

Thanks for checking it out!

33 minutes ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

So it took awhile to even mention anything, but here I am shamelessly self promoting myself. And hey, now many of you will know my actual name and my actual face instead of just @thadthrasher 😅

For those of you that know what I was doing, I've been working on a writing-hobby for the better half of this year. Which turned into a whole trilogy idea and opened my eyes to the fact that yes, I can write a book. Is it good? I mean, I think so, I love my idea. But what writer wouldn't love his own book. I've been hard at work (and a little bit more quiet than usual) trying to pursue my goal and dream of being a published writer. Which, I will state, was a LOT more work than I thought. And a lot of rejections to boot. I can share the frustration of getting rejection after rejection from literary agents with @der meister's own experiences (which if you need a beta reader, I'm more than happy to offer myself!)

Out of the total 74 queries I have sent beginning in March of this year...71 of them have been rejections. Ouch. Granted, what I wrote isn't "popular" right now. I've begun writing a science fiction trilogy. You'd think with the popularity of Dune that it could have legs, but being a debut author with no writing background in terms of a literary degree of some sorts, I can see why I'd be rejected. So I ventured into the realm of self-publishing. And I've slowly built up a market for my book on Instagram with some success!

Now the point of the whole post. I'm not asking for an outcry of support, but hey, if you're interested in reading a science fiction story with thrilling action, grand conspiracy, and a Star Wars/Matrix type vibe...I think I have a book for you. The first book in The Karajan Saga titled Fates of Rebels and Men is being released on Amazon on August 29th, 2024 as an ebook and a paperback! I'll post the Amazon link and the Goodreads link for anyone interested.

f9z7ff3n9yhd1.jpeg

Amazon: https://a.co/d/8piio55

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/217101281-fates-of-rebels-and-men

Thanks for checking it out!

If Neo literally does not actually kill Darth Vader I'm requesting a trade from Malmo.

37 minutes ago, Pifferfish said:

If Neo literally does not actually kill Darth Vader I'm requesting a trade from Malmo.

🏃‍♂️*scrambles to rewrite the entire book*

1 hour ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

🏃‍♂️*scrambles to rewrite the entire book*

Tbh, I read at the lowest reading level conceivable... So I wish you the best of luck, lmk when we get an audiobook though.

• 3 weeks later...

And the book has now been released, thank you to those who pre-ordered it! Already got some reviews on Instagram with some migrating over to Goodreads. I hope those of you who read this enjoy it!!

On 8/30/2024 at 1:43 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

And the book has now been released

I have it qued up on kindle.  I’m finishing up a long book now but will jump on it after and leave a review. Promoted it to a few friends on Goodreads already