The Emptiness Machine - Linkin Park

Spartan

It's been an absolutely mind-boggling last week since Linkin Park came back and it's been a true rollercoaster of a ride. From actually returning with a majority of the band's old members, to bringing in a new singer and drummer, then also revealing that Brad Delson will write songs but won't tour. Let alone the whole Scientology debate over Emily Armstrong and the whole "Linkin Park is going to do the League of Legends 2024 World Championships song" thing. Crazy past week and I'm strongly debating going to see them in Brooklyn in a couple weeks.

Usually I'd segue my rollercoaster analogy into talking about Moscow but this season has pretty much just been a rocket straight up and I guess we're just waiting for either a catastrophic failure or a mission success. We're poised fairly well for the Victory Cup which I absolutely don't want to win due to how jinxed it is, but it's hard to just accept not being the best at all times. Hopefully we don't take much stock in the curse, but given how strong the EU has been this season I think upsets will be pretty common on our side of the playoff bracket.

Also a couple shoutouts to @jRuutu, @Grape and especially @Knight for some league leading performances this season, as all three lead the league in their respective forward and defense positions. With just 4 games left to play I cautiously think Rashford and Ruutu have locked up the scoring leaders (and it'd be sweet if they could tie), while both are still strongly in the race to win the goal and assist leader categories too. Obuz has a decent lead for defensemen but I wouldn't count out any of Oven/Stone/Leitner to have a surge in their last few games. @leandrofg should comfortably win the rookie race too which would be sweet to see the Stolzy come back to Moscow where it's spent a lot of time recently. And of course the underrated @Viper for being a great defensive partner with Obuz and joining the afourmentioned folks as plus/minus league leaders.

We've got our sights set on the playoffs now so we'll see how that all goes. As mentioned the EU should be a bloodbath yet again, but hopefully we can repeat as champs and start off this new generation of players' careers off right. Also excited to have another lottery pick (plus a couple other firsts, no biggie) and see what we can do in the draft. Always fun to keep adding talent to a team that just never seems to lack it. Ciao!

The scientology stuff is really bad - they dont believe in mental health as a concept, so it feels like a real slap in the face to Chester's memoy.

Her support of a rapist is worse. 

And this isn't a misogynistic thing. I love female vocals in all sorts of music, including hard rock and metal. Her baggage is just too much. 

1 minute ago, der meister said:

The scientology stuff is really bad - they dont believe in mental health as a concept, so it feels like a real slap in the face to Chester's memoy.

Her support of a rapist is worse. 

And this isn't a misogynistic thing. I love female vocals in all sorts of music, including hard rock and metal. Her baggage is just too much. 

I've seen a lot of mixed things across social media and the news, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out since I assume it's more of an internal thing the band and their agency will need to handle. I've read that she's 2nd gen scientologist, aka being born into it since her parents joined the cult and are apparently high ranking officers. And the Masterton thing seemed to be a prelim trial and I don't really think she's had any other visible involvement with the Scientologists for years now or Masterton. So I'm hopeful that it's one of those "I'm born into a shitty situation but trying to get my own agency" cases where she just doesn't believe in all that but has no way real of getting out.

41 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I've seen a lot of mixed things across social media and the news, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out since I assume it's more of an internal thing the band and their agency will need to handle. I've read that she's 2nd gen scientologist, aka being born into it since her parents joined the cult and are apparently high ranking officers. And the Masterton thing seemed to be a prelim trial and I don't really think she's had any other visible involvement with the Scientologists for years now or Masterton. So I'm hopeful that it's one of those "I'm born into a shitty situation but trying to get my own agency" cases where she just doesn't believe in all that but has no way real of getting out.

I hope you're right. I'm not a huge LP fan, but I still listen to Hybrid Theory regularly enough to be invested in things from an outside perspective.