VSN Presents: S95 VHLE Playoff Preview

pi9eyiY.png

@ace_five_

Welcome everyone,

As you probably already know, two days ago was the end of the last regular season of the VHLE as it won't come back in S96. This also means that these playoffs are going to be the last one and we are going to see a last VHLE champion. The first round will see the Cologne Express face the Stockholm Vikings and the Bratislava Watchmen play against the Vasteras Iron Eagles. So, who is going to win the Renaissance Cup for the last time?

Semi-final #1 – Cologne Express (1) cologne_icon.png vs Stockholm Vikings (4) stockholm_icon_xp4r5d1.png

Regular season series: COL wins regular season series 10-5-0.

I feel like I am constantly repeating myself, but once again, the Cologne Express finished the regular season first in the league with a record of 51 wins, 19 losses ans 2 losses in overtime for a total of 104 points in 72 games. It was also the third 100 points season in the last four seasons for the Cologne Express. On the other hand, we have the Stockholm Vikings who fought for a playoff spot during the season and finished fourth in the standings with a record of 35 wins, 30 losses and 7 losses in overtime for a total of 77 points in 72 games. The Cologne Express can count on multiple veterans with a lot of playoff experience like BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10, Baby Moo Moo @Elvis and Joseph Dubois @Dubois. For the Vikings, it is the rookies that are leading the team; indeed, Phil Sakic @Phil, Samsayz I-Smell @CaptainSB and Masa Akimoto @Hokikeijot are all among the leaders of the squad. In conclusion, I believe that Cologne is just way too good and even if Stockholm will cause a surprise in one or two games, the Express are going to win this series.

VSN Prediction: Cologne wins in 6 games.

Semi-final #2 – Bratislava Watchmen (2) bratislava_icon.png vs Vasteras Iron Eagles (3) vasteras_icon.png

Regular season series: VAS wins regular season series 7-6-1.

For this second semi-final series, we have two completely different teams. On one side, we have the Bratislava Watchmen who are at the top of the standings since the beginning of the season, but are slowing down a little bit since the trade deadline and ended the regular season with 44 wins, 24 losses and 4 losses in overtime for 92 points in 72 games. In the other locker room, we have the Vasteras Iron Eagles who struggled at the beginning of the season, but had a strong last week to qualify for the playoffs with a record of 41 wins, 29 losses and 2 overtime losses for a total of 84 points in 72 games. For the Bratislava Watchmen, Dorji Khan @Oddpurplefly, Steve French @Seabass and Ocean Codoller @FreshOceanCod are going to be really important offensively. Hugo Boss @Dil will have to be really good in this series, because Bratislava is struggling a little bit defensively. Unlike the Watchmen, the Vasteras Iron Eagles are a much better team defensively with Billy Joel @The goat of hockey, Alphonse Desjardins @Anthique, Chuck E Cheese @diacope 2 and Ondrej Vencko @Mutti in the net. This series is without a doubt going to be really tight, but we think that the Vasteras Iron Eagles have a slight advantage.

VSN Prediction: Vasteras wins in 7 games.

Final – Cologne Express (1) cologne_icon.png vs Vasteras Iron Eagles (3) vasteras_icon.png

Regular season series: COL wins regular season series 10-4-0.

For the last final of the Renaissance Cup, we believe that the Cologne Express will face the Vasteras Iron Eagles. On paper, the Cologne Express look a bit better than the Vasteras Iron Eagles and they were the best team in the league defensively. Offensively, both teams did pretty much the same, Vasteras may have a slight advantage. So, will Cologne win their sixth Renaissance Cup or will Vasteras will win their second? We give the advantage to the Cologne Express.

VSN Prediction: Cologne wins in 6 games.

That’s all for me, thanks everyone for reading, I wish you all good playoffs and see you in another VSN article!

Edited by Pifferfish