Claimed:Blake Campbell's decision [Final 6/6]

Banackock

campbell_jack250.jpg

He's been a member of the VHL for a few days over 2 months and since the day he joined, we feel it's safe to say he's come a long way. It's not easy to be a new member within a league such as the VHL, however, with the help of numerous generous and helpful he has slowly become a solid player within the league for his age. With extreme dedication and commitment and effort to better himself, along with missing only one opportunity to train, he has become a fairly well balanced goaltender who has the potential to see great success within the VHL. He was drafted 8th overall by the Stockholm Vikings which by our standards is excellent considering he was much later at entering the league than his fellow rival draftees. The future is bright for this young goalie so as long as he can maintain his fairly high level of performance and training but only time will really tell  if he has what it takes to truly be an elite goalie.

Blake Campbell:

"Firstly I'd like to say thanks to Stockholm for choosing me over every other player who was behind me. Obviously within the first two rounds they had a large amount of drafts picks and could have potentially got me with those, but I am truly grateful and honored to pull this jersey over my head. I have spoken to boubabi regarding their current goalie situation, however, we will let thinks play out. I'm currently heading back to the juniors for one more season and hopefully there I can find my true form and really find the dominant game I know I can bring to the table."

Although the VHL draft was very successful for the young goalie, the VHLm dispersal draft was kind of the opposite. Campbell was not on the list and therefor had not been taken by any team during the draft. After talks with the league representatives, it was decided that Campbell were to become a Free Agent and was allowed to choose the team which he would like to play for during his final season within the VHLm. Within the last hour, Campbell had put light to the situation and let the teams, league and fans know what his decision was. This is what he had to say:

839932d3b1fa7d8cfacb5b5719f0995f.jpg?ito

Blake Campbell:

"Obviously it's fairly rare to have an active Free Agent within the VHLm, or at least that's what I've heard. So it makes it fairly special for myself to be given the opportunity to choose the team I play for, as well as receive the attention to want me to play between the pipes for them. Obviously it was fairly abrupt and I have yet to make a decision on which team I would like to play for. I've received a couple offers from numerous teams and all off them intrigue me. I'm not looking for much. I want an active Locker Room as mine was terrible last season, a starting position as I wasn't given that last year and was given limited playing time due to that, and would want an opportunity to win and bring home my first championship within professional hockey. The league had stated they would prefer to have a decision made within the next 1-2 days so that is what I plan on doing.

BETTER-CALL-SAUL_612x380_2.jpg

Afterwards, Campbell's Agent made a brief statement following his players words stating that although they don't want to release any info regarding who has contacted himself regarding his client, he wants the organizations to know that each and everyone of them are up for equal consideration and that a decision will be made in a timely manner. Although unconfirmed, sources that know Blake Campbell are saying he is swaying towards a certain team.

Blake's friend:

"I've known Blake since we were in Kindergarten, so we go way back and talk fairly often. Out of respect for my buddy, I won't release anything but what I will say is that he is leaning towards a certain team. The guy tries to be a class act but deep down he's just as competitive and truly wants to win."

ANNOUNCEMENT WILL LIKELY BE MADE MONDAY. Thanks :)

699 words - 3 pics - Thanks

Content: 3/3 - All good. Always nice to see an active goalie in the VHL, not that I've necessarily been here long enough to know the struggle of finding one.

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing really to note, just a couple things.

"with the help of numerous generous and helpful he" - numerous generous and helpful PEOPLE, he?

"therefor" - therefore

Appearance: 1/1 - Saul Goodman picture. I like it. Better Call Saul is back tonight.

Overall: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...