Checktalk: We're b-- Not really.

Boomcheck

So two teams have been axed and i'm somewhat disappointed. Turku looked like a great organization in my opinion, mainly due to their memorable duo of Sinclair and Wingate the previous season. I have some old history with Minot when I had Bravehart so that's always sad to see. I only have one big issue with cutting down on the teams. This will allow for more people on teams, create better parity within the league and give people the chance to get a better locker room experience. The biggest issue? There will be less teams to beat up on, thus your stats won't be as good. These rebuilding teams would have a few good players that would get loads of opportunity but now those opportunities would be cut in half. Where one person could play top line minutes on one team, they might be forced into being a third line center on another. Some people might believe that the Founders Cup is the most important milestone in the VHLM. For me? Getting that 20 on my achievement tracker. With these changes it will be harder for people to get the 20 TPE for their development. Yep, that's pretty much the only issue. Oh, and there will also be a lot less trade. Goodbye trade deadline, we hardly knew you.

I was reading through the thread and noticed that it got to be less and less about the VHLM and more about the salary cap. I think Savage should be allowed to build how he wants to, he did warn everyone about it beforehand and there's no real point in bugging him about it. Salary cap doesn't matter too much to me but i'd like for it to go up, for completely selfish reasons $$. Lets just say that I better be getting paid more than Pajodcast. I got 35 goals on the season so far, 2 behind the team lead and I didn't have the doubled PP time that he had so that's a nice plus. Got dropped a line but i'm still producing. Y'know, maybe Seattle shouldn't be upset with their centers known as Savage and Pajodcast and remember that Kurri, a player on their roster is also a center and might do better playing in his natural position especially with the TPE he put into face-offs. *Cough*

That's all for today folks.

Makes me think of a good question though: Is it for sure we're moving back to a 4 team playoffs for the VHLM? If so, there will probably be more sellers at the deadline who actually have legitimate players, so I think the Trade Deadline may actually increase in importance.

If we stick with one sim and have 2 bot teams, that will still be 2 bad teams to inflate stats against. Also, if we are sticking with 10 teams in 1 sim with 2 bot teams, I still think we should have 6 teams make the playoffs. More noobs in playoffs = more interest