Claimed:Jackson not on VHL radar? [Final 6/6]

VHLwhat

Jackson not on VHL radar?

010214-NHL-sharks-logan-couture-LN-PI_20

With the recent performances of Jefferson Jackson, it seems like most VHL scouts won’t give him the light of day anymore. The once highly touted player from San Jose is now struggling to find any consistent from with the Minot Gladiators of the VHLM. With Minot down 3-2 in the playoffs, Jackson released a statement earlier today voicing his frustration with his performances and how he has not lived up to his own expectations of his play. He isn’t the only one taking notice of his struggles with VHL and VHLM scouts paying him little to no attention when they watch the Minot games.

A VHL scout was on record as saying:

Jackson is one of those players who can dominate kids his age but wasn’t coached well enough as a kid to really know how to play hockey at any higher level. It’s not that he doesn’t work hard, he just doesn’t have the fundamentals we look for in a professional hockey player. I would say his ceiling would be a late-pick in the VHL draft but seeing more of a career in the VHLM than the VHL.

Even a VHLM scout said this about Jefferson Jackson:

As we look for players to pick in the VHLM Dispersal Draft, Jackson isn’t on our list. His shot would take so much work to fix because of his lack of fundamentals that it isn’t worth our time as an organization. He has great vision of the ice and that’s a great attribute to have but he just doesn’t have anything else that is even average at this point. We would much rather look at players who have the fundamentals right away instead of trying to teach a 20-year-old kid those fundamentals most learn at ten.

So what does this mean for Jefferson Jackson as we look into next season and beyond? I would say that it means Jackson will struggle to find considerable ice time unless he can find an organization that would spend the time necessary to fix his fundamentals. If an organization is willing to take a chance and spend the time needed to make Jackson’s game more sound, Jackson may be able to realize the potential everyone saw in him just a short time ago.

couture.jpg

If Jackson can fix the major flaw in his game, VHL scouts and GMs may be more willing to come and spend time with Jackson in hopes that he may have a brighter future than being currently projected. However, with so much young, fundamentally sound talent in the VHLM already, one has to think that they would take priority over a project player in Jackson.

This next season will be the one where Jackson really has to shine as he looks to impress scouts. Since he will automatically be placed into the S44 VHL draft, it will be up to him to determine what the scouts believe he can do on the ice. Jackson will have to show if his work ethic and determination to be great is there or if he will be the next “prodigy” to not live up to the early hype.

Edited by VHLwhat

Content: 3/3 - Good article. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do next season.

Grammar: 2/2 -

any consistent from with the Minot Gladiators - any consistency with

Appearance: 1/1 - I like how you use Couture and the article talks about a guy with no fundamentals. I like it because screw the Sharks.

Overall: 6/6