Claimed:A Cross Country Experience [Final 6/6]

Jericho

As many of you may not know, the Pajodcast crew is setting a VHL first next month. Devise, Advantage and I are going to be meeting up in Ontario for a 10 day trip in May. A lot of coordination had to go into setting this up, seeing as Devise lives in Alberta and I live in New Brunswick. We've been planning this for about 6 months, getting travel stuff synched up, planning an itinerary and budgeting our finances to pull this off.

We'll be staying at Advantage's home, a few hours outside of Toronto which is going to save quite a bit of money. No lodging expenses, and the ability to do groceries rather than takeout and restaurants every night (which is what I normally do) is going to cut down on expenses significantly.

As we draw closer to the day I fly down I've been reflecting on our friendship and a the world in general. I consider Chris and Ryan to be good friends of mine, we've been speaking regularly for about 3 years, but this is the first time we're going to meet in person. We've shared a lot of memories and learned a lot about each other, but we've never even been in the same province at the same time.

620-bernier-thumb-620xauto-328189.jpg

Might catch some playoff hockey too....wait...

When we first started talking I was a 20 year old kid who was dealing with his parent's surprising and recent divorce, living in his mother's basement who had a job in fast food to support a college course he had no interest in completing. These guys were there as I got through the divorce, went through two relationships (one of which was with a psychopath) , dealt with the roommate from hell, left college and the shitty fast food restaurant. They watched as I stood up to my father and told him that I would rather be happy and poor than miserable and rich, moved into my own apartment and find happiness as a waiter working for tips.

The point I'm getting to, is that I've been through a lot of life in the last 3 years and shared basically everything with Chris and Ryan, but we've never actually met. The internet is a wonderful thing. I've made two friends who live a great distance away from me. The VHL introduced Jericho to Advantage and Devise, but eventually we got to know each other better. Jericho, the cocky and arrogant smart ass eventually let the mask down and revealed Kyle Snow, the slightly less cocky and arrogant smart ass. We started as personas, but eventually got to know each other as real people.

I'm really psyched for this trip. We'll be doing all the usual Toronto attractions: Hockey HOF, CN tower and the OSC. We'll be going to an indie wrestling show, a passion we all share. We'll be hanging out and playing a ton of video games and doing a live pajodcast. We may even run into some of the Ontario based VHL community if things work out. It'll be nice to get to experience some real life with these guys instead of just doing everything digitally. Being able to see the Devise face palm instead of just listening to him say "sigh" (which he actually says for some reason).

SD_784_Photo_111_222356-1140794197.jpg

Wrestling motherfucker!

As stated above we'll be doing a pajodcast in person while we're there, but we'll be sure to fill you guys in on our adventures. Maybe I'll convince an entire bar that I'm Daniel Braxton, former professional defenseman and current actor/model. Maybe Chris will be able to out drink a grizzled army veteran. Maybe Ryan will finally make a human connection with a girl.

So weird to think that you guys met through VHL around the same time I joined and are now planning this real life meeting as friends 3-4 years later.

Who wants to start a pool? I've got 5$ that says Jericho is the catfish

Jk I'm sure you will have a good time

So weird to think that you guys met through VHL around the same time I joined and are now planning this real life meeting as friends 3-4 years later.

Higgins that reminds me. I'm a nigerian prince who needs 2500 dollars to get into the country, Once I get here I'll pay you back 5000.

Higgins that reminds me. I'm a nigerian prince who needs 2500 dollars to get into the country, Once I get here I'll pay you back 5000.

Lol naw no one would ever pretend to be from New Brunswick so you must be real

Lol naw no one would ever pretend to be from New Brunswick so you must be real

Yeah it's like Nova Scotia but with less shit-water.

Content: 3/3- Great article cool that you guys are meeting up. I live in the same town as ADV and we have never met. Maybe ill run into you guys. Hockey hall of fame would be cool. I have never been. Hope you have a good trip.

Grammar:2/2- All good man.

Appearance: 1/1- Looks good. Toronto is actually really crazy live. 

Final 6/6

I think if we only talked about VHL things it would certainly be a bit more weird than it is. Really though Chris and Kyle and I Skype weekly, daily if our schedules line up but now that I'm busy working nights that is a day to day challenge. But we go through stretches where VHL is the last thing we are talking about. We hang out watching movies, or wrestling, or Giant Bomb videos etc. I don't know for us it doesn't really feel weird to be hanging out, just something we should be planning. Making it like a vacation style trip makes sense too.

I'm actually quite pumped for the trip. Two ROH wrestling shows, tons of great stuff to do. We will have more details on the "live Pajodcast" as we get closer. We plan on doing some actual audio ones here before then to build the hype. Anyways, GREAT MEDIA SPOT JERICHO YOU BUM! :P 

• 3 weeks later...