The Expansion Champions

Devise

Season 42 marked the end of a personal quest I undertook since the two new expansion franchises entered the league in Season 31. The VHL is a league of history, probably more so than most sim leagues you will find. While we do our best to adapt and evolve, and cater to the constant changing of the times and member guard in the league, we always do so with a badge of honor of what was happened before. We have records that are unlikely to be broken. We have awards that may never see a name change due to the legacy and impact of some of the early season players. We have old dynasties constantly remembered via things like the 30 in 30, and even team point tasks that honor significant seasons in team history.

While we are very much a progressive league, we also are a very historical one as well. Joining the league in Season 23 and beginning to wrap my mind around what it was and what I could do here, it dawned upon me that I wanted to somehow try to etch my path in league history. That is tough to do. For starters I'm shit at making players. I mean I didn't even update skating for Logan Laich until like his fourth season because I'm a scrub idiot. 

With the unlikely odds of me making a HoF player as I even retired early the one player that actually had a chance in Rift, I decided I would try to make league history some other way. A way that I actually may be able to do. Thus my personal quest to help both expansion franchises win their first championship was born. The quest became half done in Season 35 after I betrayed everything and sent Rift to Quebec via free agency in Season 34. But our villainous group of people who joined via free agent, the Valiqs who refused to play anywhere else and Kellinger who was traded for an a whopping six draft picks won the Championship in Season 35. Realizing I was halfway done, my goal then became very simple.

Go to Cologne, and get them a championship. I made it known to all that if possible I'd love to have Logan Laich be on Cologne. That happened after Chris Miller got rid of the scrub for what ended up being a middling return. It may of took Romanes stepping down and me doing a few shake ups in my usual aggressive fuck draft picks GM style, but Season 42 marks the end of that personal quest. I probably won't be remembered for fuck all in this league, but at the very least I know that I was apart of making history, as really the "mastermind" behind the first Cup wins for both expansion teams. Now I need a new personal quest. Not to build a shit ass player maybe? Who knows.