Kowalski Signs Big Extension

Doomsday

Kowalski Signs Big Extension

1409776451000-kimmo-005.JPG

STOCKHOLM - Although the Stockholm Vikings' season ended in disaster with a 4-0 sweep by the eventual Continental Cup champion Cologne Express, the year won't be ending all bad for the team. Defenseman and captain Jack Kowalski has reached an agreement with the team on a contract extension worth over $12 million. It is a five year deal, all but ensuring that Kowalski will avoid free agency for the duration of his career, in which he is under contract with Stockholm for the entire time.

"It's great to have this out of the way," said Kowalski, who was also selected to his first VHL All-Star Game. "I never felt that I was going to be going anywhere other than Stockholm, but it's so much better to have it in writing, for it to be absolutely final. It's time for the Vikings and their fans to have their time and I want to be here to see it through to the end."

After posting improvements in most statistics in his second year in the league, Kowalski aims to truly break out in Season 43 and take his place among the league's elite defensemen. With new additions coming through the trade and the draft, the Vikings also look to hoist the Continental Cup and complete their rise from the bottom of the league.

Jethro Novacek is a contributor to the MSFL Times, grand champions of NFL Blitz 2000. He enjoys orange juice, a good campfire and decent pairs of pants.