Claimed:Ruutu buys new Corolla [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

Last friday i was just hanging around the city of Ottawa when some thugs decided to destroy my 86´ Toyota Corolla.  In middle of the day ! All this happened near quite popular mall but  nobody saw anything. No security cameras either. Sounds quite ghetto but it´s a nice mall.  People are usually nice and respect each other and their property. Sometimes these things just happen and this time it happened to me.  I don´t have that much free space in my apartment so i kept all my awards from VHLM games in the trunk. Now they are gone. More than likely sold to another person already. Pretty much zero change of getting any of them  back again. I was furious , i thought my Corolla was pretty much like a tank. No way of getting in or destroying it. That was not the case it seems.  

Some of you might ask why didn´t i just give those awards to friends or family to hold on to until i find a better place to keep them ? I just didn´t think this was even possible. I´ve been living in Ottawa for almost 2 years and the biggest problem before this was the rain. I don´t even mind the rain to be fair. Times are tough , you can´t trust anybody anymore. 

1SNSRlE.jpg?1
My Corolla few days earlier. 

I´m not that mad about it anymore.I was thinking about  buying a new car for a while now so all this just gave me the push to go and finally do it. I wasn´t sure what i was going to get but luckily the car salesman gave me his professional opinion and recommended me a 94´ Toyota Corolla. It was beautiful , love at first sight for sure. Car salesman said that i can have it for 2k. I paid and just left. All this took about 15 minutes. It was the easiest business deal i have ever done. 

I of course could not wait to show my new ride to the Lynx guys.  Next morning i woke up earlier than usual , ate real quick and just ran inside my Corolla and started driving towards our practice rink. It´s about 15 mins from where i live. Perfect time to listen to some music etc and just enjoy the day.

I pull over to the parking lot , there is few of the guys standing and waiting for others. Immediately i knew they were jealous. How they tried to act like i´m not there and avoiding eye contact even though i was honking like a crazy person.Eventually they came closer to admire my chick magnet.  

I don´t have picture of my new car but it´s like this one but without the rims7Dlnx9h.jpg

Just shows that if you can turn something negative into positive,there is nothing that can bring you down.

Content: 3/3 - Good on the word count, dude. Solid article as well. Corolla, baby!

Grammar: 1.5/2 - You've basically the made the same grammar mistakes that you usually do. Not putting "a" or not capitalizing " I ". Maybe ask a teammate to look over your article before submitting it? I have to deduct a bit because it goes on throughout the article.

"Last friday i was just hanging around the city" - Friday / I (Same mistakes as you've made before. Capitalize Friday, and the I also needs a capital)

"All this happened near quite popular mall" - near a quite popular mall

"zero change of getting any of them" - chance. (You've made this mistake before as well. Chance and Change are two different words)

Appearance: 1/1 - Corollas!

Overall: 5.5/6

Content: 3/3 - Good on the word count, dude. Solid article as well. Corolla, baby!

Grammar: 1.5/2 - You've basically the made the same grammar mistakes that you usually do. Not putting "a" or not capitalizing " I ". Maybe ask a teammate to look over your article before submitting it? I have to deduct a bit because it goes on throughout the article.

"Last friday i was just hanging around the city" - Friday / I (Same mistakes as you've made before. Capitalize Friday, and the I also needs a capital)

"All this happened near quite popular mall" - near a quite popular mall

"zero change of getting any of them" - chance. (You've made this mistake before as well. Chance and Change are two different words)

Appearance: 1/1 - Corollas!

Overall: 5.5/6

I totally understand that this is your job and it´s nice to read threads/articles that are well written  but is it really that big of a deal if i don´t notice that the a is missing or i failed in capitalizing the I ?  You can still understand the idea and meaning behind those examples even if the a is missing or Friday is written = friday. 

I try my best in the grammar area. I don´t even try to pretend that my English is any good but would be nice to get bit more positive feedback in the grammar department...    You've basically the made the same grammar mistakes that you usually do. Not putting "a" or not capitalizing " I ". Maybe ask a teammate to look over your article before submitting it? I have to deduct a bit because it goes on throughout the article. 

The message i get from reading between the lines is not that great... Did you even try,did you even read the article after you finished? it´s not like you can´t read anything in the article.. The idea/meaning is there but with  grammar mistakes..  Some positive feedback that encourages people to write more would be nice. 

I totally understand that this is your job and it´s nice to read threads/articles that are well written  but is it really that big of a deal if i don´t notice that the a is missing or i failed in capitalizing the I ?  You can still understand the idea and meaning behind those examples even if the a is missing or Friday is written = friday. 

I try my best in the grammar area. I don´t even try to pretend that my English is any good but would be nice to get bit more positive feedback in the grammar department...    You've basically the made the same grammar mistakes that you usually do. Not putting "a" or not capitalizing " I ". Maybe ask a teammate to look over your article before submitting it? I have to deduct a bit because it goes on throughout the article. 

The message i get from reading between the lines is not that great... Did you even try,did you even read the article after you finished? it´s not like you can´t read anything in the article.. The idea/meaning is there but with  grammar mistakes..  Some positive feedback that encourages people to write more would be nice. 

I'm not trying to be a dick about it all. If it was up to me, grammar wouldn't even be a part of the grades. As long as it's readable and understandable it would be fine. But, that's the way the grading is structured, so I have to deduct if I see mistakes.

From what I've seen with other graders, I'm actually a lot more laid back and forgiving. I really try not to deduct anything.

I love reading your articles and you've written pretty damn great in your English. I can only hope you continue to write awesome articles. Sorry if I come across as harsh or something, as I'm not trying to be that way. I'm actually less harsh than the other graders, and ones I've seen in the past.

If you want, and I don't know if it's allowed, but you can send your article to me and I'll look it over before you post it. That way when you post it, there are no mistakes and you get full marks.

Aside from that, a 5.5/6 actually rounds up to 6/6 anyways, since we don't do half marks.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it all. If it was up to me, grammar wouldn't even be a part of the grades. As long as it's readable and understandable it would be fine. But, that's the way the grading is structured, so I have to deduct if I see mistakes.

From what I've seen with other graders, I'm actually a lot more laid back and forgiving. I really try not to deduct anything.

I love reading your articles and you've written pretty damn great in your English. I can only hope you continue to write awesome articles. Sorry if I come across as harsh or something, as I'm not trying to be that way. I'm actually less harsh than the other graders, and ones I've seen in the past.

If you want, and I don't know if it's allowed, but you can send your article to me and I'll look it over before you post it. That way when you post it, there are no mistakes and you get full marks.

Aside from that, a 5.5/6 actually rounds up to 6/6 anyways, since we don't do half marks.

No worries. I understand that these are the rules and they are the same for everybody. Just keep on doing what you do i promise that eventually you will get a article from me that has 0 grammar mistakes. I try to read my top quality work multiple times after i´m done but even after then there are some mistakes. I just can´t spot them... Or at least the smaller ones are harder for me to spot.

Already asked in the lynx LR if there is someone who wants to spot my grammar errors before submitting articles here  :P We shall see if i find a personal editor. 

You weren´t that harsh to be fair.. It`s just somewhat annoying to me when there is small mistakes that gets picked out.. But those are the rules and i just need to learn to adapt  ;)  Sorry for the rant.

Edited by jRuutu

No worries. I understand that these are the rules and they are the same for everybody. Just keep on doing what you do i promise that eventually you will get a article from me that has 0 grammar mistakes. I try to read my top quality work multiple times after i´m done but even after then there are some mistakes. I just can´t spot them... Or at least the smaller ones are harder for me to spot.

Already asked in the lynx LR if there is someone who wants to spot my grammar errors before submitting articles here  :P We shall see if i find a personal editor. 

You weren´t that harsh to be fair.. It`s just somewhat annoying to me when there is small mistakes that gets picked out.. But those are the rules and i just need to learn to adapt  ;)  Sorry for the rant.

It's a valid rant, I think. I mean, the effort is there for the articles that you are writing. It sucks that people have to get deducted marks because English isn't their first language. It kind of demotivates people who don't know English as their first language.

It's a valid rant, I think. I mean, the effort is there for the articles that you are writing. It sucks that people have to get deducted marks because English isn't their first language. It kind of demotivates people who don't know English as their first language.

Yep , but it´s a great way to learn. After making the same mistakes few times you learn. Or should learn  :lol:  Some day i will..

Would it be a cool idea to perhaps add a second version of these media spots where the grammar rules are not so strict? Same word count but instead of 6 points you get 5 ? or something.  Aimed more to the players who don´t have English as their first language.

Content 3/3 Nice Article

Grammar 5.5/6 Like Dollar said all the i's not being capitalized and missing a's are the main problem, there's also a bunch of spaces between words and punctuation or no spaces when there should be.

ex)  them ?

anymore.I 

Appearance 1/1 Looks good 

Final 6/6

Dollar said he had to dock because it's a regular occurrence. I agree that grammar shouldn't play into it when it's something like uncapitalized words, and it does turn off people from doing pts.

Dollar is probably my favourite grader on the site because he's on top of grading and is more then fair. I'm glad to see both you guys airing things out in a constructive way.

I've helped other people proofread their articles if you want some help ruutu. :D