Claimed:Slaughter Succeeds With Scrubs [Final 6/6]

sterling

Slaughter Succeeds With Scrubs

Newly acquired Stockholm Vikings forward Tom Slaughter has had an excellent season to date through the first 60 games of Stockholm's 72 game schedule. Slaughter is playing the first of what is expected to be just two seasons with the Vikings. After Season 44, the veteran is expected to retire from the VHL. With just one season and twelve games, plus playoffs remaining to cement his spot in the Hall of Fame, the forward has his work cut out for him.

“I try not to look into the individual stats too much as always. We've managed to get into a tie with the Cologne Express over the past few weeks of the season and for that I'm happy. It appears as of now that I'll get two more cracks at Victory and Continental Cups which I am extremely grateful for. I've gone on this run over the past seven seasons with Brick Wahl who is staring his own retirement in the eye with these finals games and our playoff run. I just wanted to give him a shout as one of the more underrated goalies of all time. He's been good enough to help a lot of terrific teams over the years. I'll miss him,” Slaughter said.

On a more interesting note about this Season with the Vikings, Tom Slaughter has remained on top of the league despite not being paired with a fellow elite player on his line. In fact, Slaughter has more official practice hours logged himself than any combination of three of the four remaining players on his line totalled together. Slaughter's two wing-mates Ruutu and Roy III have a combined 107 points in contrast to Slaughter's 103. No one else on the team is close to the hundred point threshold and with only 12 games remaining, that may not happen for any other Viking. Will this finally be the year Slaughter is recognized as Most Valuable Player? After seven seasons of nearly always leading the top teams in the league, Slaughter feels he deserved some recognition.

kane-evander-620.jpg

“I won't look too much into it. I mean I've been lucky to be a good player on a lot of really talented teams. To say I've done it all would discredit the success of a lot of my teammates past and present. We're operating like a finely tuned machine now and if I'm considered for personal awards at the end of the year, I think they'll have been deserved this season. I've had to mentor a lot of newer players and so far I think they've really come along over the course of the season. That's why we've been on a tear, these guys have improved so much with the experience,” he said.

Experience was the main reason why the veteran and proven winner was brought in for the Vikings championship run. The team acquired a literal tonne of experience in the playoffs with Slaughter and the aforementioned Brick Wahl whom played alongside each other for six seasons in the New York and this last one in Stockholm. It would easily be fair to say if the Vikings want to take the Cup back to Sweden for the first time since Season 26, then the two veterans Slaughter and Wahl will need to step it up a notch. “I'm ready to play, let's bring it back to this franchise,” Slaughter said.

Content: 3/3 - I've always thought Slaughter was a great player. You came out of the same draft that Boychuk did so I've been following your career the whole time as well. Definitely deserving of your own individual awards.

Grammar: 2/2 - Not exactly a mistake, just something I found funny.

"a literal tonne of experience" - when you use the word literal, that means you're saying a "tonne" of experience. As in, 1000KG of experience. :lol:

Appearance: 1/1 - Great!

Overall: 6/6

• 4 weeks later...