Claimed:REVEALED: The Story of Greg Clegane[Final 10/10]

Victor

• Admin

REVEALED: The Story of Greg Clegane

3889544-clegane.jpg

I first saw Greg Clegane in early 2013, a 20-year hulk of a young man who my superiors were hoping would declare for the Season 32 VHL Entry Draft. The legend had spread through the hockey world by this point, of the absolutely devastatingly huge goaltender who didn't even need to move fast as he covered some 90% of the net standing still. He had a vicious streak to him too but that only scared off half of the interested parties. My employers had always put skill over attitude, however.

I have never spoken at length to Clegane and there have been occasions where I wish we hadn't exchanged any words at all. Sometimes you hear stories of those who seem, from the outside, to be bullies and brutes but are actually friendly giants when you get to know them. Greg Clegane is not a friendly giant. Whether his entry into the VHL is good or bad is up to you, the reader, and of course what he goes on to achieve, but for me, there will be question marks over what he could do at any moment, and the highly volatile relationship between him and younger brother Sandro. I hope this exclusive biography will shed light on the mysterious character of Greg Clegane and the negative connotations underlying his undeniable talent.

The First Twenty Years

the-hound.jpg
One of Greg Clegane's victims- his own brother

Clegane's early life is not particularly well known in any circle, despite all the effort I have put into unearthing the most obscure of facts over the past 13 years. Born in the secluded lands of Houndscourt in south-west Ireland, Clegane avoided the attentions of any scouts, especially hockey ones, for Ireland is far from an ice hockey hotspot. This is despite the fact that records show Greg Clegane's progression through numerous local sports teams from the age of five. According to one of his last coaches in Ireland, the late Vargo O'Hoat, who perished in mysterious circumstances two months ago, Clegane's father enlisted him into sports teams to somehow direct his extreme violent streak into something useful – although Greg's subsequent banishing from his amateur rugby club at the age of ten for breaking an opponent's neck suggests Clegane Sr.'s plot failed. It was then that it was suggested that Clegane undertake goaltending where there would be less required contact with other players.

Greg Clegane's brief foray into rugby was not his father's only failure in his eldest son's upbringing. He did not help the situation with his u-turn not long after Greg's debut by relocating the whole family to Switzerland, where the younger Clegane brother Sandro was born. The peaceful new life Clegane Sr. might have envisioned did not come to fruition, as within two years his wife had died and Greg Clegane was sent back to the Ireland estate. The splitting of the Cleganes remains under wraps with both Greg and Sandro refusing to comment on their past but rumour has it that Sandro's frightening facial scars come from being burned by his older brother during their time in Switzerland. Whatever the case, Greg Clegane spent his entire formative years with no family in Ireland, assembling a vicious group of followers and progressing, from the age of 10, his hockey career.

As a result, there are ten years of relative silence between Clegane's first start in net and the flocking of scouts in 2013. O'Hoat and other coaches in Ireland always raved about the sheer strength of Clegane to go with unexpectedly quick reactions, but all avoided questioning over less desirable incidents involving the “Mountain That Skates”. In addition to some violent events on the ice, perhaps the most concerning took place shortly after Clegane turned 18 and decided to claim Houndscourt for himself. His father promptly arrived from Switzerland to settle the dispute and was never seen again. With no other kin remaining except brother Sandro, who has built up his own hockey career as an act of protest against Greg's, the older Clegane has become the head of his dysfunctional family, and this has allowed him to briefly abandon his hockey career and pursue other avenues.

A Mercenary Hiatus

Gregor-Clegane-house-lannister-29649806-

Indeed, you may be wondering how a prospect first spotted in Season 30 has only declared for the VHL draft in Season 43. The explanation is fairly straightforward, as following the mysterious disappearance of his father, Greg Clegane felt the need to lay low for a while and not be in the midst of intense media attention. Had Clegane entered the VHL, he would be in clear view of the authorities as without doubt his skillset would have enabled him to become an instant hit at the highest level of professional hockey. However, while some may bemoan the loss of the prime years of one of the biggest goaltending talents in history, Clegane's more recent past only goes further to support my theory that the VHL has been very fortunate indeed to avoid his presence in the league for over 10 years.

Spontaneously dropping both the Houndscourt estate which put him in potential legal danger and his burgeoning hockey career, Clegane left Ireland not long after he was approached by the Minot Gladiators amidst rumours of his impending declaration of eligibility for the VHLM. While the Gladiators and their management would face severe repercussions for their brief association with Clegane, eventually leading to their demise a few months ago, the “Mountain” himself disappeared entirely from public view for over a year, with many of my colleagues predictably losing interest in the man who was just recently a phenomenal and hyped prospect. I decided to keep my tabs open just in case though, as my gut feeling suggested that this was not the last we would hear of Greg Clegane.

Indeed, he would eventually resurface in the Middle East, suddenly a key member of the paramilitary society known as the Brave Companions, a group of vicious mercenaries who feed on the endless conflict in the region. Hailing from all across the globe, it is one of the worst kept secrets that their success and longevity owes much to their patronage by the wealthy and highly influential Lannister family, one of the most controversial players on the stock market in recent decades. Although the Brave Companions are seen as mere pawns in the hands of the authoritarian Tywin Lannister, it was clear from the start that as easily the best known name in the group, Clegane was in for particularly special treatment. Eventually, having left behind him a trail of dead bodies, Clegane was promoted into an unknown role within the Lannisters' holding company and returned to Houndscourt somehow cleared of all wrongdoing. The culmination of his rise from violent upstart to being part of the inner circle of one of the most powerful men in the world arrived when Greg Clegane, at the almost ridiculous age of 33, decided to return to his childhood fancy of hockey and declared he was entering the VHLM at last. Precisely how a prestigious league such as the VHL authorised Clegane's application remains a mystery but chances are there was a helping hand from Tywin Lannister.

---

My contract compels me to also complete a separate rookie profile which will focus strictly on Greg Clegane's strengths and weaknesses as a hockey player but I have taken this opportunity to retell the story of a dangerous man that few know and even fewer have any interest in revealing. The simultaneous registration for the S45 draft of Sandro Clegane as well is hardly surprising, given his personal hatred for his older brother and the constant strive to outdo him (Sandro too ended up in a branch of the Lannister company following the presumed death of Clegane Sr.). Nonetheless, it adds another dynamic to the already risky fact of Clegane's entry into the VHL. The risks involved are numerous and hopefully in 9-10 seasons' time we will be talking about what Greg Clegane achieved on the ice and not the controversies in which he was involved.

Overview: 5/5 Great biography enjoyed reading it all the way through

Grammar: 3/3 Nothing really to find which is great.

Presentation: 1/1 Looks great

Over 1000 Words? 1/1 Yup

Final 10/10

• 2 weeks later...