Christopher Lee, 27 May 1922 – 7 June 2015

Alucard

Normally I have no shits to give when someone famous dies, but today's news is sad news. I'm sure I'm not the only one who respected the big man, so if anyone wants to discuss how AWESOME he was, do it here.

I remember him predominantly as Count Dracula, and I watched Dracula: Prince of Darkness countless times as a kid. And for anyone who doesn't know how truly awesome Christopher Lee was, you name one other 90 year singer of heavy metal.

(Ok, so the music is actually pretty pants, but that's not the point. The man got to 90 and thought "fuck it, I'm going to start a metal band.")

Normally I have no shits to give when someone famous dies, but today's news is sad news. I'm sure I'm not the only one who respected the big man, so if anyone wants to discuss how AWESOME he was, do it here.

I remember him predominantly as Count Dracula, and I watched Dracula: Prince of Darkness countless times as a kid. And for anyone who doesn't know how truly awesome Christopher Lee was, you name one other 90 year singer of heavy metal.

(Ok, so the music is actually pretty pants, but that's not the point. The man got to 90 and thought "fuck it, I'm going to start a metal band.")

You did not seriously think that standard metal could contend with the will of Christopher Lee?

You did not seriously think that standard metal could contend with the will of Christopher Lee?

You're going to have to tell me what constitutes 'standard metal' :P I love the narration (and guest vocals on The Magic of the Wizard's Dream) he did with Rhapsody. No better voice for the part.

Edited by Alucard