Claimed:Hodgson's World Wind Experience [Final 6/6]

Tylar

Brody Hodgson's World Wind Experience

These last few weeks have been a world wind for Brody Hodgson. The former Helsinki Titan was busy preparing his client Marcel Faux for the VHL Entry Draft and was also selected to become the general manager for Team Canada for the S43 World Cup of Hockey. A week before that Brody Hodgson was named the General Manager of the VHLM’s Saskatoon Wild.

WJ5DCkS.jpg?1

Brody Hodgson being introduced as Saskatoon Wild GM

“Everything kind of happened at once. I was preparing Marcel for the draft and then I got the call for the Saskatoon Job. I’ve always wanted to move into the management part of the business and I’ve been waiting to see if it would happen. So I gladly accepted that job then I also got the job to manage Team Canada at the World Cup. Which obviously did not go as planned. I was very disappointed with how that experience ended. Maybe I’ll try it again in the future. I’ve been very busy trying to juggle all these jobs and I think I’ve done a good job thus far. But now it is time to move on and focus on my VHLM team. I am really excited to be a general manager in the VHLM.”

His client Marcel Faux ended up going third overall to the Helsinki Titans, Hodgson’s former stomping ground. Although Faux will not play in Helsinki this season as he got sent back to the VHLM due to Helsinki not wanting Faux to play for their not so great team. Hodgson’s highest profile client will likely make a major impact on the VHL next season with Helsinki having a bundle of picks in a very strong S45 draft.

“I was absolutely thrilled to see Marcel land in Helsinki. I was secretly hoping he would go there but there was a lot of uncertainty about who Helsinki was picking. Although Helsinki is not very good right now, I know they’ll be great very soon. They have a boat load of picks next season in a very strong draft. They could possibly be a playoff team next season. They also have Koponen coming up as well who will likely be Faux’s line mate. Helsinki will always have a special place in my heart and I’ll be thrilled to have any of my future clients to go there. I’m looking forward to seeing how he performs there next season.”

yCnhy2j.jpg?1

Faux taking a picture in his new Helsinki jersey after being drafted

Now Brody Hodgson is Faux’s general manager as he is a part of the Saskatoon Wild after being sent down from Helsinki. This is Hodgson’s first major general manager experience in the league and it’s been going well so far. Hodgson has been around for about 16 seasons in the VHL circles and this is his first major opportunity in the VHL.

“It’s gone really well so far. I think I have put together a strong team and a strong group of individuals. I made a few moves to make us even more competitive and try and win this season. I was thrilled to trade for Marcel as he is a great player and a great locker room presence. The season just started but it looks good so far. My team is preforming and getting results.”

Now that Faux is VHL property, Hodgson can focus on his general manager abilities while checking in on his star client once in a while. Hodgson is going to stop taking clients for a few years to focus on being a general manager. 

Content 3/3 - congrats on everything as of late, you deserve it. You work really hard, whether it's grading or simply working on your player. :cheers:

Grammar 2/2 - Nothing

Appearance 1/1 - despite your avatar...

Final 6/6