Wrote this last week... forgot to post it.

Phil

I have been podcasting for a long time. Some people say I have a great voice for radio. Some members of the VHL have asked me if I am a radiobroadcaster, if that is my actual full-time job. I suppose I should be flattered.

I personally hate the sound of my voice. I hate listening to myself, listening to the way I form words or slur some of them together; listening to the way I can’t find the right word quickly enough or counting how many times I use filler words like “uh” or “er”.  I suppose that’s the real reason why I podcast – so I can work on annunciating and public speaking.

I have done, to my best estimation, over 200 podcasts for the VHL during my time here, which is quite a staggering number, come to think of it. The funny truth of all of this is that, despite not liking my own voice, I haven’t lost interest in putting together these podcasts… my interest in them as actually grown.   

-- 

~phil

Phil man, I feel the same way.

I hate the sound of my voice, though listening to it through endless podcasts has definitely helped, and I love doing it still.

Let's do a podcast with David and publicly talk about how much we hate our voices for an hour!