Board of Governors Update [Final 6/6]

eaglesfan036

A Board of Governors Update

Many people have wondered what the Board of Governors have been discussing as of late, as there have been few reports leaving the VHL headquarters. There was a rumored takeover of the Board of Governors by the league commissioners, though fortunately that rumor was proven false. In truth, the Board of Governors has featured active discussion this season, but most ideas have just not come to fruition. Here are some of the most recent Discussions. 

c333cee4fffe3e2f472be55607a92cd4.jpg

Adding New Faces

The most recent BoG discussion has been bringing in some new faces to fight father time. A few members of the BoG just aren’t as active anymore due to real life work, so we are bringing in some new blood. This discussion has pretty much been people suggesting what 2-3 members we should bring in. 

VHL/VHLM Magazines

After STZ stepped down we had a bit of a mag crisis on our hands, as magazine editor is a job that takes a lot of background knowledge with artsy stuff that few people know how to do. We considered combining the VHL and VHLM Magazines into one with Boubabi as the editor as it did not seem there were any other editors available. Luckily, Molholt volunteered for the VHL Mag editor and we now have two successful magazines running.

Contracting the VHLM (Again)

This topic has been a huge point of interest that started all the way back in July. We feel as though the first contraction made a positive impact as there are now more actives on each team. However, we aren’t too sure another contraction will fix the problems of the VHLM, which are mainly based around the cyclical nature and the balance of power. Instead of talking about more contractions, discussions are now based on some sort of salary cap system in order to balance out the power among teams so each team is more competitive with more actives. However, there are disagreements on how best to accomplish this, and these talks have come to a standstill as of late.

VHLM Practice Facility

Discussions were started to make change the VHLM Practice Facility into something different in order to provide more VHLM activity. The two most popular choices were having a game of the week each week, and having everyone post in the VHLM game of the week for their 1 tpe instead of practice facility. Option 2 would be just to post in a 1 or 2 of your team’s game threads for the 1 tpe. Voters were split on which of the two options they liked, though we all agreed either was an improvement over the current system. Unfortunately, this thread just kind of died even though me, Draper, and Victor tried bumping it multiple times. 

tumblr_n270lueik71rtpm86o6_250.gif

Google Analytics/Backlinking Strategies

This thread was started by STZ, but I don’t quite understand everything as this kind of stuff is out of my field. However, the gist of it was perhaps paying money so VHL shows up if you type in certain key words on Google. Sounds like possibly a good idea and the thread got a few posts but never led to anything. 

• Senior Admin

A Board of Governors Update

Many people have wondered what the Board of Governors have been discussing as of late, as there have been few reports leaving the VHL headquarters. [ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ], but most ideas have just not come to fruition. Here are some of the most recent Discussions. 

c333cee4fffe3e2f472be55607a92cd4.jpg

Adding New Faces

The most recent BoG discussion has been bringing in some new faces to fight father time. [ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ]

VHL/VHLM Magazines

After STZ stepped down we had a bit of a mag crisis on our hands, as magazine editor is a job that takes a lot of background knowledge with artsy stuff that few people know how to do. [ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ]. Luckily, Molholt volunteered for the VHL Mag editor and we now have two successful magazines running.

Contracting the VHLM (Again)

This topic has been a huge point of interest that started all the way back in July. We feel as though the first contraction made a positive impact as there are now more actives on each team. However, we aren’t too sure another contraction will fix the problems of the VHLM, which are mainly based around the cyclical nature and the balance of power. Instead of talking about more contractions, discussions are now based on [ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ]. However, there are disagreements on how best to accomplish this, and these talks have come to a standstill as of late.

VHLM Practice Facility

Discussions were started to make change the VHLM Practice Facility into something different in order to provide more VHLM activity. [ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ]. Voters were split on which of the two options they liked, though we all agreed either was an improvement over the current system. Unfortunately, this thread just kind of died even though me, Draper, and Victor tried bumping it multiple times. 

tumblr_n270lueik71rtpm86o6_250.gif

Google Analytics/Backlinking Strategies

This thread was started by STZ, but I don’t quite understand everything as this kind of stuff is out of my field. [ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ][ spoiler ]hi[ /spoiler ]. Sounds like possibly a good idea and the thread got a few posts but never led to anything. 

What the fuck eaglesfan, I only approved the above quote to be released to public. Security clearance revoked.

Content: 3/3 - Oh, interesting stuff. VHLM contraction might be a good idea, but I don't know. There is definitely something needed in the VHLM. Nice to see things are being discussed around here to better the league :)!

Grammar: 2/2 - you suck

me, Draper, and Victor tried bumping it   = Draper, Victor and I tried bumping it

Appearance: 1/1 - Very cute, like you. Kind of.

Overall: 6/6