Full Circle

diamond_ace

I've always been one to bring up my very first VHL draft. I always mention the fact that Cam Merrill was taken at 3, I was taken at 4, and I ended up with about 700 more TPE than him. Old story, and one that I'm sure people have gotten tired of many times over. Besides, I liked the people on Calgary, so it worked out well anyway, and I knew Jardy from my VHLM year so it was probably a smoother transition that way. Who knows where I'd have ended up if I'd gone to Seattle, I mean I'm sure it would have been fine, but you never know.

Anyway, the thing that struck me a minute ago that led me to this 590: I have become Cam Merrill. Ahma was that promising young first-gen who ended up going 4th behind at least two well-known guys, and a third who might be lesser known but still has had history here. Ahma is me from S20, it's an almost perfect parallel. I'm now the guy that S20-me would have made fun of, or at least the GM for selecting, even though rationally there's no way to have known.

Perhaps Cam Merrill had some things go on in his life that led him to more important things than the league. Perhaps he didn't. We will never know. What we do know is that I need to become something, I need to become at least fairly decent with Hyvarinen, or I am my own worst nightmare.

All I do is laugh at Eagles and Draper for not picking me :P eagles almost traded for me too, but he didnt do it. Eagles made some big mistakes ha!

Then you're definitely me from S20. I gave Sandro a lot of shit for not picking me

All I do is laugh at Eagles and Draper for not picking me :P eagles almost traded for me too, but he didnt do it. Eagles made some big mistakes ha!

I just got you guys confused because both of your players are Finnish

That's a bad excuse, not buying that :P