Claimed:The afterparty article [Reviewed]

hedgehog337

bhsft.jpg

The S47 draft class was huge and I was proud to be part of it. Literally, the FA was the reason, why I was more active in last 3-4 days. Oh, and this article is FA related. I'd say it was fun while it lasted. On January 4th 5:00 AM EET, I signed a 1 season contract with the Calgary Wranglers team. Some of you may wonder why I didn't sign with my fellow team Riga Reign or with another team. Of course I had more options, than signing a deal with Calgary and I will name these options right now.

1. When FA started, I thought that first offer will come only today or tomorrow. And I was surprised when I got a PM about joining some team after 2-3 hours from FA start. It was Eaglesfan, the GM of my current team. And to be honest, I was not surprised. He was looking at me long time ago. And by long time ago I mean before S42 draft. But I was afraid of being fourth winger (now I'm finding this stupid, I'm depth player, not superstar), so I said ''don't draft me''. He had an eye on me two seasons ago, when I entered into FA for the first time, but he had some better players. Now, when Light left Calgary and Cote with Stropko are still waiting for some offers, Eagles needed an offensive player, even if he is born for depth. 

2. After an offer from Calgary I've got another offer. It was Kesler from Quebec City Meute team. I spent 1,5 seasons in this team and it was good times. I finally had a chance to play in the playoffs, thanks to Quebec. I even had a chance to be nominated for best NA forward (73 points in 51 games, not bad), before I was traded to Cologne. But he had other plans on me. Kesler and Boubabi from Stockholm were preparing blockbuster trade with me and Weinstein going to Sweden and Quebec getting some nice draft picks. I was considering this option and I was ready to make an answer, but then I went to sleep...in 6 PM. Just lol. When I woke up and checked VHL, the first thing I saw was a triple trade between Stockholm, Quebec and New York. When I saw it ,I thought I came late into this. But right before I signed a deal with the Calgary Boubabi told he is still welcoming me. Well, maybe in the next season.

3. The third option came from Kendrick (Mason Richardson). He said there was an option with Richardson, Jerrick Poole an me joining in one team, likely to the Seattle Bears. I found this thing very interesting as Bears already got Klose and I'm still remembering GoB as the Seattle Riot GM. So it should have been grand finale for Klose: he is playing his final season with Riot ex starter (how are you, Phil?). However, later in that night Kendrick and 94 joined Riga so it was over.

4. Draper from Helsinki said he is eyeing me, but after he signed a deal with Koenig there was too little chance I'm going to Finland. 

5. After I signed a contract with the Wranglers Ahma from Davos said he had plans on me. Well, Davos os still an interesting team for me, but you're late, mate. Maybe next time. By the way this season Davos is less competitive, than in the last season IMHO. 

It's surprising, but this decision wasn't hard for me. In the end I had only 2 options and with that fact I didn't believe in Stockholm chances I've decided to take a safe one. So for this season you will see me scoring some goals in Wranglers jersey. What I'm going to do after S47 end? Who knows...

Edited by Phil

Great in-depth article about your FA experience. It's always great to see how players react to it. This was written in a blog style so many of the punctuation flaws can be forgiven. Be aware that "plans on me" doesn't actually make sense. Instead use "plans for me". There were a few more small mistakes (an me = and I) etc, but overall nothing too concerning. It was nicely laid out and an enjoyable read!!

PS

I am fine thanks! What's up!?