Dadonov Talks Draft

Daniel

While most of his attention at this current time is aimed at the playoff comeback the Yukon Rush are launching in the VHLM, young goaltender Dmitri Dadonov definitely has an eye on the upcoming VHL draft. Dadonov is considered to be the second best goaltender prospect in the draft and is ranked as the sixth best prospect available to be selected, following the big names like Black Velvet, Unassisted, Tyson Kohler and other goaltender Jakub Holik. It's been seen in the majority of mock drafts that Dadonov is expected to be chosen sixth overall by the Quebec City Meute. When asked about this, Dadonov replied "I have no idea where I will be picked but Quebec City would be a great destination. They have a need at goaltender and in a seasons time I will be ready to step up and fill the void in net for them if selected." Other teams picking in that area like Cologne and Davos with picks in the same area are believed to rank lower in Dadonov's estimation due to them already having established goaltenders, but he is open to being a part of whatever team drafts him.