Claimed:Draper edits so called important topic [Reviewed] [Reviewed]

Will

• Senior Admin

Aug8V_Zipper_RevBilly.jpg

Today, by way of Royal Decree, I have edited an important topic! Yes, you guessed it, the Depreciation/Carry-Over topic! Actually, I changed the name of it too. It's now called the super important Depreciation/Re-Creating topic so don't go looking for the other title or you will quickly find yourself in the virtual shits of this forum. 

There has been quite a few complaints lately about inconsistencies and general lack of clarity around some of our unwritten rules, so I'm trying to get some of those things laid out more clearly for you fine folks in the rule book and in other super important topics that are scattered around the depths of this forum. Certain things will always have some variability to them though and a catch-all rule in the rulebook simply won't encompass everything needs to be taken into consideration - that's likely why the weren't included in the rulebook in the first place. For example, even with all the controversy surrounding it, I'm not prepared to put a simple rule in the rulebook that dictates what a team will pay for a GM. That being said, I do think there are a lot of things that are more confusing than they need to be due to their being little information about them in the places people are most likely to look.

Today, I tackled one of those things! Every season I get questions about what people can and cannot claim on their shiny new recreates. It seems like a relatively simple thing but, surprisingly (or maybe not so much), there was little written about it anywhere. In fact, the only thing that was written was that prediction points aren't eligible to be claimed - which hasn't been followed for as long as I can remember. Needless to say, it was due for an update. Especially with all the funky player store upgrades and shit.

Yes, as everyone has been doing for the past however long, prediction points are allowed to be claimed if you re-created before the list came out. Prediction point multipliers purchased in the player store, however, are not eligible. They simply have the potential to provide too sizable of an advantage for a player just starting their career to allow them to be carried over. Any awards won in your players final season are eligible to be claimed by a new player - that's another thing there has been a lot of confusion about and people have been told some conflicting things!

The tricky thing was the point task and vhl.com upgrades. On one hand, we don't want people buying them, retiring before the season or early on, and then claiming them the whole season on a new player off of another players dime. On another, the options in your final season are already limited so I didn't want to discourage people from buying these if they felt they were wasting it at the end when they retired. So, you can claim up to 3 weeks of an upgrade on a new players. 3 weeks is roughly what you'll get as a deadline re-create so it seemed to make sense. It's only 3 TPE but at least you won't lose out on your purchase (as much).

That is all. If there are other things that any of you can think of that could use some clarifying, let us know by commenting below. :)

http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/6-important-depreciationre-creating/

Review:

Well written article. Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Not much I can "review" but there were a few grammatical errors up in the first paragraph, probably more like typos. Anyway thanks for the clarification. I have a few years before I need to worry about it anyway.

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to Draper edits so called important topic [Reviewed]
  • Commissioner

These seem fair enough. People have been claiming prediction points after for so long that I actually kinda forgot it was actually against the rules haha.

I assume a Pension upgrade works the same way as a point task upgrade?

Also, it doesn't specifically say but we've ran into it before. If a player retires they cannot claim unclaimed PT's, that's fair. I assume, however, that it's fine if they claim them but with the re-creation percentage tacked on? So if someone had say 20 TPE worth of unclaimed and a 5% carry over (are these numbers even possible, who cares) they could claim 1 TPE. It wouldn't really apply unless someone has A LOT of unclaimed stuff but just want to clarify.