S49 VHLM Draft Rankings

solas

K1t8uMk.png

So I've ranked all of the prospects for the upcoming S49 VHLM Draft by TPE.  The players highlighted in grey are S50 VHL draftees - although Gowecny and Kraken are both VHL GMs and won’t be drafted.  Technically it’s not the end of the season yet, so Wolf and Odinsson could still technically hit the 200 TPE cap before the draft, but I’ve included them anyways since they haven’t hit it yet.  S50 draftee Asher Donovan is the highest ranked first-gen player at #6, followed by S49 first-gens Kendrick E. Tsbagsbuph-Diks and J.J. Dynamite at #9 and #10, respectively.  

You can already see that there are less defensemen (and a lot more forwards) in S49 than S50.  In the Top 10 players, all but one (#1 ranked goaltender Sven Wolf) are forwards, and six of them are Season 50 draftees.  Ravenwing and Gowecny are the only centers of the bunch, and Ravenwing being the more pass-happy of the two could make him more attractive to teams that already have scoring wingers.  However, de la Riva, Balders, and Kachur all look like they’ll be steals as they’ve shown great signs of activity despite possibly falling out of the first round - so there are still solid defenseman in the season 50 draft.  S49 draftee Joe Shenanigans has also been active and could be a good value pick for a team wanting some defensive help.  Åkerfeldt has been another very active first-gen so far and could definitely jump up the board for a VHLM team looking for an active goalie.  

24 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Interesting. While the S49 draft is very defenseman-heavy with a few forwards sprinkled in, this next one could be the exact opposite.

Certainly seems like it.  I know the amount of defensemen in the league was definitely something that affected my decision to make a forward.

39 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

VHL GMs still get drafted in the VHLM silly

I know:P

I was just saying that technically Kraken and Gowecny aren't S50 "draftees" in the VHL.  Since I'd used the term "S50 draftees" to describe all the players highlighted in gray I just wanted to note that those two players wouldn't be in the S50 draft.