Claimed:I have big hands [Reviewed]

jRuutu

P9PCtUf.png

Perhaps the most exciting event when it comes down to international hockey is the World Cup. Luckily for everybody who enjoy watching their favorite hockey players bit longer after regular season, the world cup is here again!  Personally I have always enjoyed watching national teams play against each other and now that I´m on the ice playing, I have to admit that it feels great.

This World Cup is actually my second tournament. I was part of the Scandinavian team few years ago and back then we managed to win silver. This year we have a strong team again, so it will be interesting to see how well we manage to perform.  Start has not been perhaps as good as we hoped, we have won one game from four so far, but there is still time and hopefully we win the next few games.

As the tournament is underway at the moment, I might as well use this opportunity to share something that most people might not think about so much. I´m of course talking about the fact that these tournaments can be tough for the players, not only physically, but mentally as well.  I mean, you get these rich playboys together for few weeks and if you don´t have a strong coaching staff and a GM who can keep the group of guys under their control, things can go very wrong quickly.

I´m one of the veteran guys in Scandinavian team this year, so I know what I´m talking about, or at least I should know. If you are a young guy who is playing in his first World Cup, the time spent together with some of these pretty guys who like to party can be tough to handle if you are not used to everything that comes with it.  

jump_15.jpg

Quite often the whole team stays together for most of the tournament. Practice, games and after that everybody goes back to the hotel and tries to relax and get ready for the next day. Some of the crazier guys might even go out in some nights and those are the moments when younger guys can get into trouble. If you drink too much and fail to sleep and eat enough, you will struggle if there is a game on the next day. That is actually partially the reason why those smaller nations can beat the stronger nations sometimes. Players from the stronger teams take things too easily and don´t get ready to play, results can and will be weird and surprising. 

article-2139397-06C469EF000005DC-519_468

The differences between bigger nations and smaller nations is getting smaller and smaller each year, which makes it really important that you are actually ready to play when it´s time to play. Cant go out and party and expect to have a easy game. Some guys still might do that, but its really up to the coaches and other people who pick the teams to make sure that wont happen.

Edited by jRuutu

• JPL changed the title to I have big hands [Reviewed]