Being a GM [Reviewed]

WORLD CUP RELATED ARTICLE! +3 TPE BONUS!

Hi, I'm hedgehog and this is another article about my crazy off-season. If you still remember, I had an interesting time with FA thing. But today's topic is about another part of my off-season: being a World Cup team's GM. I guess everybody knows I'm currently the Team World's GM and I'm trying to get a gold or something. This is my second experience being a GM: the first one was very successful when I got a gold for my NT in the SHL. (this is why I didn't ask help for the lines setting) Now I'm feeling this is going to be harder to do this again, but why not? Karnage and Reencarnation for life, you know...This was a long ass intro, but I didn't answer to a simple question: what really happened? 

P9PCtUf.png

First when I saw the World Cup GM job interview I just skipped it. I wasn't even planning to be a GM, but some moments later I changed my mind. Like why not? There was no guarantee that I'll get it and one extra application never was a bad thing. So I did it. 1-2 days later I got a notification that @Phil mentioned me in that job app's topic. I realized I became a GM. And I wasn't surprised: there were 9 apps and 4-5 of them came from VHL oldies. Ok, I'm not a newbie either, but my activity level leaves much to be desired so maybe Phil realized this is a chance to raise my commitment to the VHL. 

snz9cg.jpg

So I'm a GM. What's next? The first question when I became a GM was: how I'm going to choose players? Where's eligbility list? Is GM'ing in the VHL so hard? O.M.G.!!!... But when @Streetlight PM'ed me about my role and gave me that list of players I realized this is a very easy part of this thing. There were not much of superstars so I didn't spend much time for naming the a roster. However, there might be at least one member who has some questions about my roster selecton and I will answer to them, like...

1. Why Pavel Komarov (160 TPE), not AIM-11 (308? TPE). 

AIM-11 was going through double or even triple depreciation, so he isn't even better than VHLM'er Komarov. And @Gooningitup is active.

2. Why Filp Rodrigez, not Theo Matsikas or Souryuu Kaminogi? 

Both Titans defenders were solid choise, but felt like @evrydayimbyfuglien is more active than these two and could create more buzz in the discussion topic so I took him instead. However, Theo proved he's a decent LR contributor for the Merc's as well, but I'm not regretting my decision.

3. Ok, you're choosing guys who are really active. Or...why Prince-Gigga Bijou then? He's inactive! 

But I didn't say I'm not materialistic either. When you have guys like Karnage, Reencarnation, Kyanon and Mengsk you can't just doing this for fun. We have a chance to take it all and Prince is a little bit better than Titans' defence duo. So yeah, this is how it is. 

Right now the Team World is in the semis and will play against Europe. They were considered as a powerhouse and it's still on so this game could go other way, but of course I'm hoping for the win. Some irony facts: Europe's starter is my current Legion teammate Hans Wingate. That's going to be fun and when we'll knock out Europe from the competition I'll say to his face like: ''We'll do a two-peat though''.