The What Are You Watching Currently Thread

Phil

Currently watching:

Game of Thrones

Downton Abbey (Season 4)

Star Wars Rebels

I also watch different clips from The Wire off and on. Easily one of the best shows I've watched, if not the best. I highly recommend @Draper and everyone else to watch it. First couple episodes are somewhat slow due to character introduction and setting up the story, and to be honest, no other season approaches Season 1 (all others except the last are still good, just not on the same level as S1). 

I don't watch a ton of TV in general though. Mostly just sports.

2 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean, yeah I agree with you. Season 1 of True Detective was some elite level, self contained amazing story beats. But it isn't like it's not possible for them to do something good. The vibe I got out of Season 2 (which I actually stopped watching) was just...plain...bad. I feel like the expectation thing is giving it a pass. I mean look at Fargo right? Similar idea, self contained stories in the same universe that are loosely connected, although Fargo's a bit more since the main character was a younger version of a character in Season 1. However Season 2 of Fargo might arguably be better than Season 1, and Season 1 was pretty great. I think it's just a case of the team being True Detective behind a little to obsessed with how they shot things and the technical aspect, and really what actually sold that first season was all the hard nosed character work. It made those big moments feel so much better. 

I really liked TD S2, but not like I love S1.

As for Fargo, I loved both seasons. I'm not sure which one I liked better. Although I might be putting a little bias on S1 because it was the first Fargo experience that I had, so maybe my mind thinks I liked it better.

I think....TD S1 > Fargo S1+2.

TD S2 is definitely the worst of the 4, but still good, and it gets a lot better in the latter half.

3 hours ago, gorlab said:

this show on netflix called MAGIC CITY

lots of bad bitches n g shit 

I've heard good things about that show, and Negan from The Walking Dead is in it. Jeffrey Dean Morgan I loved in a lot of stuff he's done, including Watchmen.

12 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I've heard good things about that show, and Negan from The Walking Dead is in it. Jeffrey Dean Morgan I loved in a lot of stuff he's done, including Watchmen.

Yeah he's dope, Kind of a protagonist you can sympathize with, in Magic City... which is a bit different from a majority of his other roles I've seen.