The What Are You Watching Currently Thread

Phil

Not currently, but I recently bought and watch the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. Hadn't seen Batman Begins since it was first in the theaters and tbh it was my favorite of the three. Not having seen it in such a long time is probably why I enjoyed it more than The Dark Knight which I had seen a few times.

Batman Begins > The Dark Knight >>>> The Dark Knight Rises (not that it was bad, just severely outclassed)

Edited by Streetlight

Just now, Draper said:

I just finished The Sopranos series today 

The reason why I created this thread - I just wanted to see where you were in the series.

Epic though. Don't stop believing. 

• Senior Admin
Just now, Phil said:

The reason why I created this thread - I just wanted to see where you were in the series.

Epic though. Don't stop believing. 

Hehe, yeah that ending was pure genius. Pretty open-ended, but genius.

Just now, Draper said:

Hehe, yeah that ending was pure genius. Pretty open-ended, but genius.

What are you going to watch now? You are going to have to choose quickly... or suffer some SERIOUS post-sopranos depression syndrome. 

I suggest the Wire. That's what got me through that. And it's fucking awesome

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Phil said:

What are you going to watch now? You are going to have to choose quickly... or suffer some SERIOUS post-sopranos depression syndrome. 

I suggest the Wire. That's what got me through that. And it's fucking awesome

I was looking through CraveTV earlier and I saw they have The Wire, maybe I'll give it a try tonight! But tbh I was hit with the sopranos depression after the 2nd last episode.. ='(

5 minutes ago, Draper said:

I was looking through CraveTV earlier and I saw they have The Wire, maybe I'll give it a try tonight! But tbh I was hit with the sopranos depression after the 2nd last episode.. ='(

Ahaha yea that sounds right.

And the Wire, for me... may actually top the sopranos... it's that fucking good. 

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2, episode 1 (I'm behind). The only reason I'm behind is because either I enjoy The Walking Dead and Rick Grimes/Darryl Dixon too much or the show is really fucking terrible and I honestly think it's the 2nd choice. I really not enjoy this show at all and considering my enjoyment over TWD, I thought I would.

Last Man Standing -  Tim "the toolman" Taylor, AKA Tim Allen is rocking back in another show and it's kinda, sorta like the good ole home improvement days. I honestly love the show and think it's pretty funny so if you got a chance, try a few episodes.

Prison Break -  For those who have watched it, you know why it's so good. Almost into Season 2 and I think I'm hooked. Love it !

The Ranch - I told one of my buddies to watch it and his girlfriend disliked it. I also dislike her though so I'm not too sure what to think. It took me an episode or so to get into it but once I committed myself to the show I really, really enjoyed it and I thought the humor was pretty damn good. Once I ran out of episode (half 1st season released on Netflix) I was pretty displeased.  Got Ashton Kutcher and that curly headed fuck from That 70's show on it. IMO, it's fucking hilarious - just the way the humor rolls off. 

Been finishing up re-watching all the old seasons + newer seasons of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Such a hilarious/great improv show, the newer seasons grew on me with time. 

Also Phil me and my roommate binged through the Wire earlier this year. It's easily the best series ever created, and that is coming from someone who watched and rated very highly Breaking Bad. But The Wire is just so....crazy, in how it tackles real world issues and presents them. The entire cast, city, and world they build feels so real and they do so much with it. It's a thing to behold. 

I watch too many shows. There's too many that I watch that are always on going, plus the ones that I've been trying to finish that I fell behind on. :lol:

Currently on:

Game of Thrones

Arrow

The Flash

Gotham

Peaky Blinders

Modern Family

The Ultimate Fighter

Bates Motel

The 100 - Just ended.

Silicon Valley

Fear the Walking Dead

Shows I've been trying to catch up on:

House of Cards

Narcos

Workaholics

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Lucifer

American Crime Story

A few that finished recently or are on breaks would be...Vikings, Better Call Saul, Supergirl, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.... and probably more.

3 hours ago, Banackock said:

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2, episode 1 (I'm behind). The only reason I'm behind is because either I enjoy The Walking Dead and Rick Grimes/Darryl Dixon too much or the show is really fucking terrible and I honestly think it's the 2nd choice. I really not enjoy this show at all and considering my enjoyment over TWD, I thought I would.

I urge you to keep on watching. It gets a lot better in Season 2. Yeah, Season 1 was decent, but not anything like The Walking Dead.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

I watch too many shows. There's too many that I watch that are always on going, plus the ones that I've been trying to finish that I fell behind on. :lol:

Currently on:

Game of Thrones

Arrow

The Flash

Gotham

Peaky Blinders

Modern Family

The Ultimate Fighter

Bates Motel

The 100 - Just ended.

Silicon Valley

Fear the Walking Dead

Shows I've been trying to catch up on:

House of Cards

Narcos

Workaholics

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Lucifer

American Crime Story

A few that finished recently or are on breaks would be...Vikings, Better Call Saul, Supergirl, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.... and probably more.

Lots to like an agree with on that list. If your a fan of the comic book style shows Agents of Shield has been pretty great the last few seasons.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Lots to like an agree with on that list. If your a fan of the comic book style shows Agents of Shield has been pretty great the last few seasons.

Of all the current superhero kind of shows that I've watched, Agents of Shield has been one that I basically put off. I hear good things about it but just haven't started it. :(

I've also already seen all of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Love those shows, and I'm pretty pumped for the upcoming Punisher Netflix show, also Luke Cage, etc.

Arrow has kind of turned to shit this season, but I still watch in hopes that it gets better.

One Piece (just finished the Skypiea arc in my foolish quest to watch the whole series as it continues to air) and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto. 

And ridiculous amounts of wrestling as always.

46 minutes ago, Toast said:

One Piece (just finished the Skypiea arc in my foolish quest to watch the whole series as it continues to air) and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto. 

And ridiculous amounts of wrestling as always.

That sig you are wearing is absolutely phenomenal! 

23 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Arrow has kind of turned to shit this season, but I still watch in hopes that it gets better.

I've really enjoyed this season tbh, definitely a step up from last season.

List of the shows that I currently watch weekly:

Game of Thrones

Silicon Valley

Veep

New Girl

The Americans (!!!)

Arrow

Archer

and then shows that I'm caught up on but are not in season right now:

The Walking Dead

Jessica Jones

House of Cards

South Park

Master of None (really liked season 1)

Narcos

I fell behind this season of Always Sunny and haven't fully caught up yet, Daredevil I'm in the middle of S2 but kind of got bored with it so I'll have to finish it soon, and I've watched S1 of Orphan Black, which is really good and I'll probably try fully catch up on that before anything else this summer. Also haven't watched S2 of True Detective..

can't think of anything else

edit - anyone watch the HBO miniseries Show Me A Hero? loved that

Edited by svb

44 minutes ago, svb said:

I've really enjoyed this season tbh, definitely a step up from last season.

List of the shows that I currently watch weekly:

Game of Thrones

Silicon Valley

Veep

New Girl

The Americans (!!!)

Arrow

Archer

and then shows that I'm caught up on but are not in season right now:

The Walking Dead

Jessica Jones

House of Cards

South Park

Master of None (really liked season 1)

Narcos

I fell behind this season of Always Sunny and haven't fully caught up yet, Daredevil I'm in the middle of S2 but kind of got bored with it so I'll have to finish it soon, and I've watched S1 of Orphan Black, which is really good and I'll probably try fully catch up on that before anything else this summer. Also haven't watched S2 of True Detective..

can't think of anything else

edit - anyone watch the HBO miniseries Show Me A Hero? loved that

If there wasn't so much Felicity and friends then Arrow would be a lot better. He rarely ever uses his bow and arrow as well, and the fighting has definitely gone down in performance. I mean, Olly took down Raas Al Ghul, and yet this season he can barely keep up against randoms.

I forgot to put Archer in my list of shows that I watch. Great show.

Also Rick and Morty is hilarious.

I watched Master of None as well and loved it, and I also watched Love on Netflix as well and that's pretty funny too.

Daredevil definitely picks up in the latter half of S2.

S2 of True Detective, I suggest you not expect it to be as good as S1. People basically let themselves down by thinking it would be just as good, when I don't think anything ever will be that they write. I really liked Season 2 as well, but it just can't hold against S2.

Show Me A Hero. That's a show I was meaning to watch but forgot the name of. Thanks. :P

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

If there wasn't so much Felicity and friends then Arrow would be a lot better. He rarely ever uses his bow and arrow as well, and the fighting has definitely gone down in performance. I mean, Olly took down Raas Al Ghul, and yet this season he can barely keep up against randoms.

I forgot to put Archer in my list of shows that I watch. Great show.

Also Rick and Morty is hilarious.

I watched Master of None as well and loved it, and I also watched Love on Netflix as well and that's pretty funny too.

Daredevil definitely picks up in the latter half of S2.

S2 of True Detective, I suggest you not expect it to be as good as S1. People basically let themselves down by thinking it would be just as good, when I don't think anything ever will be that they write. I really liked Season 2 as well, but it just can't hold against S2.

Show Me A Hero. That's a show I was meaning to watch but forgot the name of. Thanks. :P

I mean, yeah I agree with you. Season 1 of True Detective was some elite level, self contained amazing story beats. But it isn't like it's not possible for them to do something good. The vibe I got out of Season 2 (which I actually stopped watching) was just...plain...bad. I feel like the expectation thing is giving it a pass. I mean look at Fargo right? Similar idea, self contained stories in the same universe that are loosely connected, although Fargo's a bit more since the main character was a younger version of a character in Season 1. However Season 2 of Fargo might arguably be better than Season 1, and Season 1 was pretty great. I think it's just a case of the team being True Detective behind a little to obsessed with how they shot things and the technical aspect, and really what actually sold that first season was all the hard nosed character work. It made those big moments feel so much better. 

Edited by Mr. Power