Claimed:Hibernation - See you in Spring!

Banackock

image_0.img.jpg

S49 VHL Entry Draft with very invalid picture showing it.

During the 49 VHL Entry Draft, the Seattle Bears officially named GM Campbell the head GM of the organization. After numerous years of service from prior management, the Bears have shifted direction and chose to be led by someone who hopefully and potentially had more time available to dedicate to the team in pursuit of a championship. While entering the team, Campbell had taken a short while to get his feet wet prior to landing off some significant transactions. Initially, he made several extensions within his own teams contracts - signing Shawn Muller, Niels Skovgaard, Bubba Nuck and Sean Blacker all to extensions. Following that, a matter of days later the Seattle Bears came off as strong players in the Free Agency market calling upon some big names to join the Bears. Two big named defensive free agents joined the team in Jeff Hamilton and Biggu Kyanon and things were looking bright in Seattle.

After the Free agency period, GM Campbell was again on the loose when it came to transactions as we seen a couple deals made to clear some cap, a 600 tpe inactive Valmount brought in and a trade that would secure a risky, high reward possible player in @701's AK47. As the season opened up, hopes were high in Seattle, the coffee smelt as strong as ever and the buzz around the city had the people truly believing a cup contending team was officially back home. However, as the season progressed, a few things stood in the Bears way and the biggest thing standing there was the fact that the North American conference was potentially the strongest conference in the history of the VHL. New York, Seattle, Quebec and Toronto were all battling for a playoff position and unfortunately for those Seattle believers, they were sitting on the outside looking in. GM Campbell was then faced with a decision, does he make a run for it - somehow find a way and pull through or does he fold the cards and walk away with as much of the pot as he can? Well, earlier today we got to talk to the man himself and this is the statement address he gave the media.

BfVpyt2.gif

Shit call, GM Campbell sticking up for the boys.

When I was hired onto the Bears organization, I came into a team built by a previous management. I had studied it, learned it and tried to do what I thought was a strong enough effort to make us one hell of a team. The truth? We were and are one hell of a team but the truth also stands that the North American conference is one crazy thing right now and it's a very rare sight. A .650 winning % right now will have you sitting on the outside wishing you were on the inside thinking how the fuck are we not sitting up high. So, when the time came I really started thinking. I had put a lot of time and effort into building a potential contending team, but if it all went to waste, I'd have zero to show for it.

Actually, that's a lie. What I would have had was this. Jeff Hamilton leaving for Free agency and getting nothing in return. Losing out on an amazing player when I could have gotten something. Possible distrust in my ability to lead by my players, although I think that's fairly dramatic and a very far fetched situation. A wasted season for some really talented players. Lastly, crushed dreams. I knew something had to be done so I started looking around at my options. I figured it was best to deal Hamilton rather than losing him for nothing. I think a lot of people would agree there. Then, when the team got weaker and it as evident to us and the rest of the league, we figured it's time to do things my way.

Again, Mike built the team and did a good job. I thought I'd like to bring about the vision I have for the team and give it a go at building the best Bears team in history. Thus, trade off our assets for things that will help us tomorrow as today is a huge risk and slim possibility. It was unfair to have Jardy and those sitting on a losing team if they didn't wish to be. I spoke to a few (not jardy) and they said if I could, they'd enjoy to be moved. I promised I'd accommodate my players always and I followed through on that. Moving Jardy, I knew that if we truly wanted to compete and be a possible dynasty in 2-3 seasons we'd need a goalie. Why struggle to find one then when we could find a young goalie now? Hello Holik. Hole filled now rather than then and we did something that Calgary has been trying to do for sometime. In my opinion, we're a step ahead now. 

P8oax0f.0.gif

Future Captain Podarok????

All our moves were made for the future. We have a plan in our minds and we're doing everything to execute it and make it happen as fast a possible. We have a loyal, amazing core right now of young players and the future continues to look bright. Podarok, AK47, Holik and Sven Wolf will all be huge assets and the 2 players who nab with the picks will likely be as well. We've already started reaching out to prospects and are learning them the best we can. These players are huge and will be a huge part of Seattle. We will get the best candidates possible at the positions we rank in the draft.

For this season, maybe next, it'll be tough but the Bears will wake up one day and when we do, the rest of the league best be ready. I feel extremely confident in myself and the plans I have for this team. Those who doubt, giver. It's fine. We can both sit back and watch it happen, regardless of your thoughts. Until then, we're going to look at ways to keep growing as an organization and building Seattle up in whatever ways possible.